close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finallt got into some flatties!

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by rockbass, Jun 11, 2005.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I had a successful trip to the Will's Creek tonight! Well, it may not be much to you pro's but it was good for me. And a little disappointing too. The meat hunters were there again. A group of at least 12 that are there all the time. The one punk told me he has been there every day for the last week and a half.........cool he gets to fish a lot, but then brags that they caught a 25 lber and a 35 lb in the last few weeks......and guess what, they ate them.

ok the good news now!

I knew i would get into a couple flatties soon. I was there for about 2 1/2 hours. First rod I luckily had a single shad that I was able to keep alive. Shortly after setting it out, it went down hard......A nice little fight, that really felt good to have again, and I landed a 36 inch and a little over 20 lb flattie. a little while later on the same pole with a gill on it, down it goes. a 30 inch 15 lb flattie. then a little bit later, down again, but not so hard. and 20 inch flattie I did not weigh it, but I am sure you can guess it close! :p

I am feeling good about this trip, so I had to share! I caught 3 and missed a couple channels I am guessing on cut shad. the meat hunters only caught one flattie about 3-4 lbs. I felt good. that was 3 fish they could not keep. when I caught the first fish, the one kid asked what I was going to do with it as I was walking toward the water, I told him throw it back, he asked why and asked if he could take it. I told him no and continued.....man did I get a look. Oh well, keep taking the 25-35 lbers out and see how many he will be catching in a couple years :mad:

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Great job. The bad thing is that those 3 you caught will probally be caught by those guys in a few weeks & taken home, les just hope they are able to spawn & make way for a few new ones.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I am happy you got into some flatheads, congrats..The meathunters will never learn till they are gone.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

You definitely picked the right spot. Nice going.

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I know it is a good spot, but it is so public that the meat guys are hitting it hard. I wish they did not put that road in to the bottom of the dam......these guys were never there before the road was put in. at least not when I was there

when you had to walk down the hill, there were few people there