Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I enyoyed watching that!! When I seriously fly fished in the 1970s, anything under a 4 WT was regarded by many as a "trick" rod. You found a situation where the 1 WT was very practical. When I am fully recovered from my shoulder replacement, I may dust off the fly rods. John

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Awesome video, thanks for sharing. Those are some nice bass for a little creek like that, and I'm sure they were a blast on the 1wt!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That was cool! Neat little stream too. I got 2 rock bass like those on the Grand tonight problem was I had my 8wt hoping for a Steelhead instead of the 3wt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow two camera views, that was pretty cool. I like the stealthy approach, I think a lot of people that don't catch fish don't practice that.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow two camera views, that was pretty cool. I like the stealthy approach, I think a lot of people that don't catch fish don't practice that.
The water was so clear that I could spot most fish before I made any casts. The one bass I definitely didn't see was the first in this video, she came out from under the tree as the fly sank. I watched her sneak up on the fly and suck it in. I love being able to see the take on these fish.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Awesome! I only have an 8wt, and that looks like fun, I need to scale down too. I'm headed to NC Asheville next week for a couple of days, so a lighter outfit would be nice. Nothing there for 8wt.
Keep up the great camera work, I have a GoPro but haven't gotten that creative with it.
LMJ

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Awesome! I only have an 8wt, and that looks like fun, I need to scale down too. I'm headed to NC Asheville next week for a couple of days, so a lighter outfit would be nice. Nothing there for 8wt.
Keep up the great camera work, I have a GoPro but haven't gotten that creative with it.
LMJ
You can fish the French Broad for musky with that 8wt. Then you can fish for real fish instead of those sissy trout;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts