close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

field tips???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by peon, Sep 8, 2005.

1. peon

peon account delete

i need new field tips to practice with.. i dont know what size my broad heads are.. iv got one old field tip but all the ones at wallmart dont look like mine so how can i figure out what i need...

2. MAke sure you get the same weight as the broadheads that you are going to hunt with. Like I shoot 100 grain Muzzys so of course I shoot 100 grain field tips. If you are shooting carbon arrows watch the diameter of your field tip. Most carbon arrows are smaller diameter than aluminiums so the field tip is larger diameter than your arrow and when you pull it out of your target it tugs at your inserts. Field tips are pretty inexpensive so buy a couple packs of different weights and compare the weight with your broadheads if you don't know the weight of your broadheads.

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Just stop by any "smoke" shop and toss one on their scales and see what it weighs or try a local bow shop and ask them to weigh them for you.

4. peon

peon account delete

lol bigchessie i thought about taking them to my buddy lol,,,....

5. DrZ

DrZ

most 100 grain field tips are marked with one ring around the shaft. Most 125 grain field tips have two rings.

6. peon

peon account delete

thanks that helps alot.. i had them weighed and i realized i bought 125 when i needed 100 and i see my old one has one ring on the shaft!! thanks

7. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I have shot a bow for years and never knew that. Thanks for the tip.
    :)

8. peon

peon account delete

the 125 grain i dont need that i got at wally world dont have rings marking them.. cheap-o's i guess