close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

field corn

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Chippewa, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Chippewa

Chippewa

0   0   0

I purchased a corn burner last year to get away from the high cost of natural gas .... and I am looking for someone that has some corn left from last year in a bin that they need to get rid of at a good price to make room for this years crop.... I have access to a sheller and I can use corn still on the cob if it is dry(this is a must) ... I can sort out mold and such.... just thought I would post this up if someone has something I can use....

2. bountyhunter

bountyhunter

0   0   0

corn is about $80.bucks a ton , are you realy saving anything??????????????????

3. hay chip. can that burner burn anything but corn?? you also might put an ad in the traiding post. i love that paper.

ive moved to spingfield il. and am having a real fishing withdrawl. ive tryed a few places here but its just not the same. im coming back to clevelnad next weekend and am staying at my brother's place in chippewa. im thinking about geting up early sat to see if i can still fish chippewa lake,

bill

4. supercanoe

supercanoe

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Corn is more like $80 per 1000 pounds at the elevator. A ton(2000 pounds) would be $160. I miss the days of $45 per thousand.

5. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

0   0   0

i work at a feed mill bagged shelled corn is around $11 per hundred.not sure what ear corn is going for.the way it sounds corn prices are going to keep going up.

6. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

0   0   0

E85 will keep the prices going up too. Followed up by chain reaction higher prices on other produce as farmers start raising corn for the higher profits.

7. Chippewa

Chippewa

0   0   0

I realize that the price is going up and up... I found a good deal last year from a farmer who wanted to get rid of ear corn out of his crib to put in fresh...It filled a gravity wagon for $80.... and that heated my house all last winter and will last 1/2 of this winter so am I saving anything? you do the math... I am just trying to find another killer deal like that.... buying straight from the feed mill @ $11 per hundred # would not be good:(

It can burn corn, wood pellets, cherry pits and soybeans... I have only tried corn and wood pellets....

Liquid.. I will be taking a couple of kids out for the youth waterfowl opener next weekend.. I should be free in the afternoons. we should get together and try for some crappie on chippewa.... PM me your cell # if you want...

8. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

0   0   0

wow that was a great deal.most farmers i deal with are out of ear corn.where are you located? i can do some checking if you are not to far away or are willing to travel a little.i live close to sugarcreek if you know where that is area code 44681

9. A lot of corn burners have the ability to burn wood pellets also with a minor adjustment. The pellets may be a lot cheaper since corn has gone up in price. The corn might never again be cheap due to the alcohol factories springing up everywhere to make fuel.

10. Chippewa

Chippewa

0   0   0

Thanx Alan... I am not familliar with sugarcreek... but I am located real close to the intersection of 71 and 224/76.. close to medina and akron.. I would be willing to travel a bit but with the price of gas it cant be to far...

The cost of wood pellets was about the same or more than corn last year.. I havnt looked to hard for the wood pellets yet....

11. rla442

rla442

0   0   0

I don't heat with corn but I do pick up a lot of corn for feeding the critters around the house and the deer feed right out of the field after its been picked. I'm too cheap to go buy corn when its laying there for free.

I have a couple of farms I hunt and trap and there is usually quite a bit of corn nocked over or didn't make it into the combine. I just drive my truck up through the field and just walk around an pick it right up off the ground. If you got some farmers around you that would let you do that I bet you could pick a truck load of corn right up off the ground for free.

12. BigV

BigV BigV

0   0   0

You can find wood pellets for $269 a ton right now. That's $20 a ton cheaper than last year. If interested, PM me and I'll share the location. I saw Lowes has $299 a ton on the pellets thay have. I use about 3 ton a year to heat 1/2my 2000 SF house. The other half has a Regency air tight wood burner. I burn about 6 cord of wood a year. Sure beats $600 + a month for natural gas!!

13. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

0   0   0

Buy used pellets.let me tell you my end on this.if good they just might fetch the price.but I got a few places here that give them away just get them out there.if there is a broken rail or what ever.as they got burn them if no takers and thats a no no here.I use to get about 20 a week to burn but be damn if it is not hard get them down to burning size.if they be still good they returned them and used over but if not a one just throw away.give em away.my number one place I got them was you guess.a lumber yard.they broke them one after on with the heavy load plus clumsei workers using high lifts on them.hope you can find broken ones as I did.theres other places to try.

14. Chippewa

Chippewa

0   0   0

Wow Erie.. You had me stumped for a while with this one:) then I figured out you were talking about shipping "pallets"..... We were talking about wood pellets which are about the size of rabbit feed pellets.... but pallets would be good for someone with a regular wood burner.....

15. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

0   0   0

I never heard the ones you say.but I had a wood burner OK.and the things I used was wood shipping pellets.also known as skids.made of old hard wood oak and burned long and hot.was wondering why you was buying them by ton.well thats life.theres always two ways on ever thing and I think the wrong one every time.like the saying goes where theres smoke theres fire ( in this case)

16. Papascott

Papascott

0   0   0

Pellets are small round things like rabbit turds. PALLETS are used for shipping!