Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on places to get so glass work done?
Trailer bit may new boat only the second time I trailered it.
So disappointed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got a good tip from a buddy to get the spectrum gel coat repair kit color matched to my boat and do the job myself.
Having never done this sort of work before I was a little intimidated but after researching the proper methods I am pretty pleased with the results. And 50 bucks sure beats 500to 1000

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Got a good tip from a buddy to get the spectrum gel coat repair kit color matched to my boat and do the job myself.
Having never done this sort of work before I was a little intimidated but after researching the proper methods I am pretty pleased with the results. And 50 bucks sure beats 500to 1000

Nice job! was it easy to work with?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it was much easier than I thought it would be. Texture when applied was similar to a stiff icing or buttercream. Dried and cured very quickly. Was a 1/2 day or less job. Best to have a wide range of grit sand paper, and a good buffing wheel/set up.
The hardest part was waiting 2 weeks to get it delivered.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
thats a good job for your first time. jelcoat is nice stuff,i used to repair sail boat hulls and thats the stuff...lol

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.
There are a couple of very very small air bubble dimples that had I spent another hour or so sanding, or reapplying and sanding would not be there but I’m ok with it and happy to know that if/when I need to do something like that again I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts