Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Searchin for Skees & Eyes
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went this morning to the river... tried a couple spots but the water was lower than expected.

We went to a deep hole and started bobber fishing with SLUGS on 8lb test(couldn't catch any worms the night before!).
Couldn't get any (bait)fish to bite.

We moved over next to some timber and I'm throwing a hellhound and she's using a SLUG on hook and bobber.... LOL.

I hear "Honey!!!" Look over and see this thing rolling to the surface..
Erin starts screeching and hyperventilating at the same time...
"Honey!! is it a MUSKIE!???" This fish was running right & left and taking line...I was already grabbing the net and starting to
kinda coach her on it- but she did great... especially when he cleared the water twice- she screamed along with each jump! :)

This fish had her to the front of the boat/back of the boat... he didn't like the looks of me with the net!.

Finally we netted him and boy what a fatso! (Or is it maybe I haven't had the boat slimed in so long- I forget how big they are)

She had a hard time grabbing him out of the net but she finally got him up to take some pics.... 37" of river fury! What a great time!

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
That's just like a muskie, you can have $500 worth of lures and one will want a slug...Nice fish BTW ( and you have a nice catch too)

·
Registered
526 Posts
That is an awesome fish! I sure wish the muskies would come back to the portage

·
Searchin for Skees & Eyes
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys- we're still talking about it... What a blast.
That fish made my whole year....
Fighting a fish in 4-5ft of water is way different... I felt like I could of/should of netted him about 2 min earlier- It was hard spotting him in the muddy water and I was petrified of missing him and getting him all riled up and snap the line.

Ya Paul, she's quite the woman, I'm a lucky man....She was with me last year of opening bow season when I arrowed my 13pter and she was with me when I caught my first trolling ski 2 years ago. I think she's the lucky woman!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts