close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FHRRA Outdoor Adventure Show

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Feb 5, 2008.

1. OUTDOOR ADVENTURE SHOW

Saturday March 1 & Sunday March 2, 2008

Willowick Middle School
    31500 Royalview Dr. Willowick, Ohio

Presented by The Fairport Harbor Rod & Reel Assoc.

-And-

The Willowick Middle P.T.S.O.

SHOW HOURS
    Saturday March 1, 2008 – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday March 2, 2008 – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
    Admission $ 6.00 ( kids under 16 free ) FREE PARKING

RAFFLE / SEMINARS / 50/50 / FLEA MARKET
    Visit ohiogamefishing.com for more information
    &
    www.odnr .com under coming events

Exhibitors Include : The Fairport Harbor Rod & Reel Assoc. / Aurora Lites Tackle / Megabytes Charters / Ole-Petes Lures / Loveland Charters / KMD Tackle / ODNR / North East Ohio Walleye Assoc. / Fish Crazy Charters / Corlett Fishing Club / American Freshwater Fisherman Lures / Dan’s Tackle / Rampageous Charters / Chagrin River Salmon Assoc. / Mentor Marine Towing / Grand River Tackle / Wallhangers Charters / Ohio Division of Wildlife / FJR Industries Inc. / The Prop Shop / Ohio State Univ. Ext.- Ohio Sea Grant / Great Lakes Waypoints – Waterless Car Wash / TNT Archery & Outdoor Products / Ed Beards Antique Fishing Lures / Lake Metro Parks
    D&B Fishing Charters / ohiogamefishing.com / Don’s Taxidermy
    flyandfloatfishing.com / Howards Upholstering & Canvas Inc. / Absolute Charters Great Lakes Outdoor Supply / W.B.S.A. Pres. Marc Hudson –Lake Erie Guide / Pat Sherman Wood Burning & Carvings / Rustic Forest Furniture / Gander Mountain / Auto Experts

For a list of INFORMATIVE seminars, contact OGF member Dixie Chicken.

2. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Thanks to OGF for posting this!!
    A big thanks to the talented OGF members who have agreed to share their knowledge with us at this event!

FHRRA Sponsors youth fishing instruction both days of the event.

Saturday March 1, 2008

11:00 AM OGF's Carl Bachtel Spring Crappie Fishing
    12:00 PM United States Coast Guard
    1:00 PM Grand River Tackle Steelhead Fishing
    2:00 PM OGF"s Tigger & VC1111 Crank Bait Tackle Making. Check out their work in the Tackle Making Forum!!!
    3:00 PM Capt. Virgil Tent Fishcrazy Charters Lake Erie Night Walleye Don't be Affraid of the Dark!

Sunday March 2, 2008

10:00 AM Grand River Tackle Steelhead Fishing
    11:00 AM OGF's Gary Zart Worm Harness Tactics
    The how & when of Harness Making & Fishing!
    12:00 PM OGF's Carl Bachtel Spring Crappie Fishing
    1:00 PM Flyandfloatfishing.com Centerpin for Steelhead
    2:00 PM Capt. Virgil Tent Fishcrazy Charters Lake Erie Night Walleye
    Don't be Affiad of the Dark!

The Fairport Harbor Rod & Reel Assoc. will provide an area for OGF members to meet & greet each other. Hopefully some of the OGF speakers will hang out there as well. Come join us.

Thanks Larry Fielder aka Dixie Chicken

3. Dixie Chicken

4. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

I'll be there! I have been to this before, and have enjoyed it more than the big shows. It's a good one. Looking forward to it.

5. I will make it a point to be there. Thats a great group of people involved.thats for sure!!!

There's one!!!

6. hope to see ya there J its gonna be a great event..just watch out for that short guy

7. There's nothing more boring to an exhibitor than sitting on his thumbs so help keep me awake and bring a list of questions or just stop by and introduce yourself. If there's something anyone wants to see then let me know in advance so i can bring something to help explain.

FHRRA is one of my favorite groups and they'll put on a good show for you all and I'm looking forward to it. See ya there!

I'll be staying over Friday and Saturday nights and will be looking for good breakfast and supper restaurants. Any recommendations Larry?

8. Dixie Chicken

EZMARC,

Now why would you ask me that question?????????????????

Great little breakfast place two exits east (not far) of the show. Exit Lost Nation go north almost to LakeShore to a place called JT's. On the left. Some of us might make it there that weekend too. Couple of places come to mind for dinner. We'll talk Sat at the show.

Larry

9. Maybe Larry could do a seminar on breakfast dining at the show. Now, thats a talent I'd like to learn. Haha! I'm really looking forward to the show and attending a few of the fishing seminars. Especially the spring crappie seminar by Big Daddy!

10. I hear they make a MEAN sausage gravy milkshake!!!:D :D :D

11. Dixie Chicken

A Big Daddy favorite where ever he goes!
    And yes he does order it just to give the wait staff a hard time.
    DC
    Stop it Goolies right now..............

12. Looks like I asked the wrong guy. Sausage Gravy milkshake.... MMMmmmm

13. Dixie Chicken

Just wanted to update this thread as we have added a few more vendors.

Thanks to Gander Mountain Mentor for help on our Youth Fishing Intsruction!

MaxedOut Enterprises maker of the Spoon Caddy will be there with Ole Pete's Lures.

Steven's Auto Glaze & Security Retailers & Installers of Car & Truck Aftermarket Items.

Pup Tents & More. Misc supplies for boating and other items.

Plus OGF's VC1111 has agreed to donate for raffle two of his Homemade one of a kind baits! If you haven't seen his work and the other fine lure makers this site you owe it to yourself to check out the Tackle Making forum on OGF.
    "Fired Up the Airbrush" is a great thread.

We will also be providing an OGF members area for a meeeting place. The OGF booth will have a few extra chairs for anyone that wants to hang out for a while.
    The Hunting/Fishing Flea Market is also looking good.
    Wear your OGF colors so we can but a face & a name together.
    Looking forward to see you at the show.

Thanks
    Dixie Chicken

14. yep alotta help from so many, Those baits VC is making are AMAZING cant wait to win one ;)

its gettin close everybody!

15. For those interested in the Lure Making event, I'll be bringing a few lures from other OGF lure builders to display...including rjbass, Rowhunter, and Etch A Sketch.

16. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

I'll be dropping by sometime on Saturday. I'll see ya there.

17. Fishinguy, I'll look forward to meeting you.

I'll also have a few small surprises up my sleeve for those that attend the seminar.

18. Dixie Chicken

Got a call from FishCrazy Charters last night. Virgil is offering a show special.

This weekend ONLY! Night Walleye trip for up to five people for $200.00! The trip must be booked this weekend and a deposit placed for all dates booked. See Virgil at his booth for all the details.

He will also have Renosky Crank baits on sale with a volume discount.

See you at the show!
    DC

19. Just wanted to say I had a great time as a vendor there. Met some nice people and got the word out on my new website. Thanks Larry, you filled in great for Tom. Hope to be there next year!