close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Few new ones

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by jerkin, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Looking at some of the other posts here made me realize it's been a while since I posted anything. Haven't done a whole lot over the summer but I did make a few of my shad cranks lately with some new paint schemes and a large deepdiver with my first wirethrough on a musky bait. Here are some pics.

This my 10 year old daughters first one, I helped her with the power tools and did the paint but she basically did everything else. She just found out her dentist is a musky guy and wanted to make a lure for him, you can kind of see the tooth we painted on the head instead of the white dot I sometimes do. She will give it to him next week.
    [​IMG]

Here's the deepdiver I did, it is similar to a perchbait but wider and fatter. Made from poplar, 0.062" wire through, 3/16" lexan lip with 2 line ties and 7 coats of etex. I've only had it out once but was bouncing bottom in 20' no problem.
    [​IMG]

This is one of the new colors I've been messing with It has a fl. orange belly with fl. yellow sides and ir. purple back and stripes. Haven't seen how the muskies like it but I think it looks pretty cool.
    [​IMG]

And finally, one for you Browns and Bengals fans, sorry I couldn't resist!
    [​IMG]

That's about it, I've been working on a bigger glider and a different deepdiver but neither one is where I want it yet so I guess they won't be ready until next year. Hope you like the pics.

2. nice work jerkin not sure about the steelers one though.:)

3. Those are really nice....good color shemes.

Rod

4. Your daughter should be really proud of that and I think her dentist will be also.

I like this batch a lot. Great color choices for musky.

5. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I really like the finish on those. I may have to try etex next time instead of D2T.
    Good job.

Brian

6. I REALLY LIKE THE ORANGE FIRE TIGER JERKIN!!! very nice work bud!!

7. Jerkin those look great! I would love to see a Cleveland Browns one! LOL
    John