Few new ones

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by jerkin, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Looking at some of the other posts here made me realize it's been a while since I posted anything. Haven't done a whole lot over the summer but I did make a few of my shad cranks lately with some new paint schemes and a large deepdiver with my first wirethrough on a musky bait. Here are some pics.

This my 10 year old daughters first one, I helped her with the power tools and did the paint but she basically did everything else. She just found out her dentist is a musky guy and wanted to make a lure for him, you can kind of see the tooth we painted on the head instead of the white dot I sometimes do. She will give it to him next week.
    [​IMG]

Here's the deepdiver I did, it is similar to a perchbait but wider and fatter. Made from poplar, 0.062" wire through, 3/16" lexan lip with 2 line ties and 7 coats of etex. I've only had it out once but was bouncing bottom in 20' no problem.
    [​IMG]

This is one of the new colors I've been messing with It has a fl. orange belly with fl. yellow sides and ir. purple back and stripes. Haven't seen how the muskies like it but I think it looks pretty cool.
    [​IMG]

And finally, one for you Browns and Bengals fans, sorry I couldn't resist!
    [​IMG]

That's about it, I've been working on a bigger glider and a different deepdiver but neither one is where I want it yet so I guess they won't be ready until next year. Hope you like the pics.

2. nice work jerkin not sure about the steelers one though.:)

3. Those are really nice....good color shemes.

Rod

4. Your daughter should be really proud of that and I think her dentist will be also.

I like this batch a lot. Great color choices for musky.

5. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I really like the finish on those. I may have to try etex next time instead of D2T.
    Good job.

Brian

6. I REALLY LIKE THE ORANGE FIRE TIGER JERKIN!!! very nice work bud!!

7. Jerkin those look great! I would love to see a Cleveland Browns one! LOL
    John