Feeler...thinking of putting the boat up for sale.

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by stilesp, Jan 8, 2008.

1. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

Thinking of putting my boat up for sale...I think it is a 90 and the motor is a 91. 40hp Johnson with low hours. I'm just not using it enough to justify keeping it...almost everytime I go fishing the last few years I just grab the kayak as it is much less hassle. What price do you guys think I should start at on this boat? I'm posting here as I'm am located centrally.

2. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

pictures for all.

Attached Files:

3. i don't know but i would love to have it.......nice boat.......Mike

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

How does $3500-$4000 sound? Am I close, what do I win?:p

If it helps out at all, I just sold a 1992 40hp tiller Johson outboard for $1200. Looked just like yours, it had pretty low hours too. Price it what you think it's worth, not what NADA says it's worth. NADA will tell you you're motor alone is only worth $400 max.

5. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

:D no prizes. Funny I've had the boat for a pretty long time and honestly can't remember what I even paid for it. I guess that sounds like a decent starting price...there are a few small odds and ends I need to be fixed before I officially put it up for sale.

6. Could you make it "Free- Today" to redhaired dudes named Fisherball? I can pick it up tomorrow AM!

Just kidding. Looks like a nice boat.

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i think you would be better off asking around $2000.00. however, there might be more to it than i see in the photos. wait till spring and you will get more than trying to sell now.

8. Can we have more details on the boat? What's the length? It looks like a sea nymph fishing machine? what's the trolling motor and electronics on it?