close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Splurges :-)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I know it happens to all of us at one time or another.... You spend more money than you usually would on something that you think that you just HAVE to have... :eek:
    I want to hear about some of your splurges. What they were, how anyone reacted when they heard about or saw your "splurge", and if it lived up to your expectations.
    I will start first by sharing one of my latest splurges with you. While I was at Bass Pro World in Atlanta last week, I happen to stumble upon this lure that I saw advertised in a Bass Magazine. Before actually seeing this lure in person, I would look at the ad, and then quickly decide..."there is NO way I am paying 18.00 for a lure!" But, I'll tell ya...I couldn't get that darn lure out of my mind!
    Well, to make a long story short (which is something I am generally not very good at ;) )I saw this lure, and just HAD TO have it! So.. here it is... for $16.99... a Lucky Craft U.S.A. lure.
    I used it tonight in the quarry, but with no success. They really weren't biting on much of anything anyway. Maybe next time......
    So.... Now it's your turn to share :)

Reel Lady aka Marcia
    [​IMG]

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

lucky craft lures are considered top of the lines for me..i reeeally love their sammy model..;)

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Roland Martin Helicopter lures

(kidding!) :D

4. Oh man, where do I start! :(

Well I'll start with today. Today I had an eye appointment. I normally wear contacts but decided I need some glasses for backups. Well I couldn't just get the normal glasses with glass lenses. NO, I need Polycarbonate lense(thinner and lighter), Anti-Glare stuff and the kind of lenses that tint with sunlight. Hmmz.. 300.00 later (that's with Insurance covering the eye exam and lenses) :mad:

Umm... this week I also decided I just had to have the new expansion pack coming out for the Call of Duty PC Game. It's called United Offensive and if your are into WWII PC Shooters this is gonna kick it good! :D

Last weekend I decided I needed a catfishing rod and reel. I went out and bought a 7' Shakespeare M/H Catfish rod and a Abu Garcia 6500 C3 Reel! Oh wait, gotta have 30lb Test line.

I ALMOST bought a 40lb Thrust Minn Kota Trolling motor last weekend. IF I decide to get this little boat I'm thinking of I'm gonna need a trolling motor!

Need I go on! :rolleyes:

UGH, I have issues with buying stuff! LOL :eek:

5. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

happened at a rock shop, went to look and walked out with 5 g's in a ring. there was no hesitation cause i knew i found a keeper.

sowbelly :p

6. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

well,i think you owe it to yourself to splurge every now and then.for years i had wanted to go west and hunt elk and last november i finally did.it was some of the best money i've ever spent.of course i worked alot of side jobs to help pay for it but you enjoy things more when you work for them.and i'll those memories until i die.
    for a long while i had been tossing around the idea of getting a fishing boat.i looked for 5 months or so and had it down to a couple of choices.one boat was in the price range that i had set for myself and the other was a couple of grand more but was set up better for my family.my wife was the one who said go ahead and get the bigger one,we'll get more enjoyment out of it.it's great having a wife that has that has that type of thinking. :) :)
    so every now and then just go splurge on yourself,life's too short not to.

7. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

I splurge on the family every now and then....even if we dont have the money i like to do things with the kids...like last weekend we had $20 in the bank to get us through the week...we drove past chuck e cheese my daughter ask if we could go.... at first i though (no money) then i said screw it (lets Go)$60 later we left but had a blast...borowed the extra cash from mom till friday to keep from bouncing the check book ...i hate to borrow money But it was worth it to see the kids smile

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Just about any thing bought that isn't for school is a splurge for me.

9. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Last winter i stopped at Gander Mountain to buy some wax worms. I got the wax worms and noticed a row of the Vexilar FL-8 SE Pro Pack boxes stacked neatly accross an upper shelf....oh boy..... :)

"Hey can i see one of those pro packs?"

ohhhhh boyyyy....

Once I got it in my hands there was no letting go!

It has most definitely lived up to my expectations and is probably one of the coolest things I have ever bought, so yes it was worth it!

10. Reel Lady

Sowbelly... the question is.. Was this ring for you or was it a gift? We are talking a diamond ring? Right?

11. hardwaterfan

5 gs? Thats a lotta bling!!

12. Reel Lady

Ok, I am clueless.... what is a Pro Pack?

13. hardwaterfan

oh its a fish finder (flasher) for ice fishing. Its like having underwater eyes. Its like fishing with a "sixth sense". It makes a day on the ice much more entertaining, even if the fish arent biting. You can "see" fish, the bottom structure, bottom makeup, your bait, etc. The more you use it the more you will be able to "see" and make sense of what it tells you. Its the icing on the cake.

14. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

My job takes me near the Cabelas store in Dundee once a month. My vehicle seems to have auto pilot when I get within 50 miles of that place. To make matters even worse I also travel to Pittsburgh once a month. Now I also have to drive by the new Wheeling Cabelas.

I tend to spend excessivley in these stores, not because of actual need, just becuase I want. I have a bad habit of buying some of the most expensive items available. If a $70 dollar reel will work, then a $150 reel must work twice as good, right?. If a MinnKota trolling motor is good, then the auto pilot model with remote must be great. If a manual ice augers works well, then a power auger has to be better. If a Luepold rifle scope is good then a Zeiss has to be superior because it costs more. The list just goes on and on.

I really do enjoy shoopoing the Bargain Cave at Cabelas. There are some awesome deals to be had from time to time. My best bargain cave purchase to date was saving $200 on a brand new underwater camera that I wouldn't be without for ice fishing clear water lakes.

I have a love hate relationship with Cabelas

Kim

15. I am a splurge-o-maniac. In the last 3 yrs, I have acquired two boats and two motors (one new, one used). Over the years I have collected enough fishing tackle to start my own Gaylans. I can not allow myself to go to Kames without having an extra fifty in my pocket. When it comes to fishing I am a compulsive nut. But, it sure would be nice to have a new catfishing rod.

16. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

your right reel lady... diamond n setting.. no band included in that and it was custom made...think that was another grand or so....