close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite river sinkers

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Trophy Hunter, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Before I buy a mold and start pouring my own weights, I would like to hear some opinions. Overall what seems to be your favorite. I started out using the flat no snags and egg sinkers. This season I started out using the no rolls. I liked the way they performed. They definately held the bottom well enough. However bass pro and a local bait shop could never keep 4-5 ouncers in stock. Out of nessescity I was forced to switch to bank sinkers. They don't hold as well, snag more often, but seem to cast farther. What do you guys use and why?

TH

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

I use flat no-rolls, egg sinkers, and bank sinkers. Depends on conditions. I prefer the no-rolls when the current is heavier, and the egg sinkers when I'm fishing lots of rocks. The bank sinkers are ok on mud flats and clean bottoms with slower current.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

catfish connection sells no roll sinkers in bulk cheap, much cheaper than bass pro.

4. i keep "no rolls" (3+5oz), "bank"(2+3oz), "Flat bank" (3+5oz), and 2oz "Eggs" (for floats) in my bag. both styles of "Banks" i use on 3 way rigs or "slip float- paternoster" rigs. the flat-banks tend to not get snagged as much as the banks but you can really blast those "banks" with a 3-way rig quite a ways due to their shape. if my flat-bank mold had a 2oz section i wouldnt bother making the regular "banks". i dont bother making 4 oz sinkers. us locals here in the Dayton area usually have a "sinker making party" once a year in the winter, we bring our own lead and share molds, pots, and labor.

5. 2 and 3 oz no roll

6. I really like the Flat bank sinkers 2-4oz Ive been useing them all year and part of last, They work really well here in the tusc. I also use the No Rolls they are just as good but I ran out of them and stocked up on the Flat Banks either one of those would be a good investment as far as buying a mold...

7. I usually use egg sinkers, but when they are poured i leave the top spout on them to keep them from rolling and it also adds a little extra weight... just another option to throw out there

8. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i prefer the 2-3 oz no-roll sinkers in rivers !!!

9. i use 1-3 oz. no-rolls and bank sinkers.

10. I like No roll sinkers as well as the bank sinkers.