Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know,been done before. But it's been a while. And pizza is my favorite food group soooo.... What's your favorite pizza place? Got a list? Please add what city it's in.
So my favorite had always been Massey's in and around Columbus. But pizza house in north Columbus is up there too. And anymore tied with those two would be cardos on lockbourne road south end of Columbus. Not the pickerington location,Apples to oranges
My favorite pizza chain would be Jets 4 corner pizza. Good price too.
Honorable mentions pizza cottage pickerington location. Tammy's in grovecity.
I like most all of them but thems my favorites...
There's a few I still wanna try. I'm curious if theyre on anyone else's list here
Let's here it guys/gals

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I need to eat pizza outside of Columbus more often. I admit. I very much prefer "Columbus style" thin crispy crust with ezzo or similar pepperoni. With a good buttery Detroit style crust with a tangy sauce coming in 2nd.
I've never been been a fan of a hand tossed style dough. But to be honest when I think of hand tossed I think of Papa John's and dominos,neither one I like. I'm sure if I had a good wood fired version with good ingredients I'd like it better.
The closest thing I've had to a NY style slice is sbarro.lol. if cooked crispy enough though I love me so Sbarro so I'm sure I'd love the real deal.
I've had thick stuffed pizza from Chicago but don't care for it. I feel it's a casserole on crust.
I have not tried Chicago pub style. But would love to.
When we vacation out of state I always get a pizza the first night I'm back in town because of the lack of good (my preferred style) pizza in the vacation spots I visit...

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Dicarlos pizza on 3 springs drive, weirton wv. If big * from the sopranos endorses it, how can ya go wrong!! Good, good, square pizza......
You mean the lunchables? Lol. They have a couple here in and around Columbus now I just haven't tried them. I have a hard time with unmelted cheese and cold pepporonis placed on a pizza after it's cooked.
But I've heard they're crust is amazing. Might be worth it just for that. It's my coworkers favorite pizza....
And never take the advice from a snitch now swimming with the fishes😂

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Little Italy in groveport has ok pizza, but honestly their fettuccine meal with bread sticks and salad is the star of the menu in my opinion. Flyers is ok too, definitely better than the big chain places.
We had little Italy last night before the fireworks. We like it occasionally. And I agree flyers is another great pizza. I like it ordered well done though at flyers.
I never did get the possum holler hype(at least local hype) though. Taste like a frozen pizza to me.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I’ll repeat what I wrote on the last survey! I have a “Pizzazz Pizza Machine”. One of my kids bought it for us over twenty years ago since they had one, liked it, and needed a fresh Xmas gift idea! Best “gift” we ever received! We use it usually once a week and it flat won’t quit! You buy ANY [FROZEN] pizza at Any grocery store(we like the Red Baron Thin Crust “Supremes”), and cook it on the “Pizzazz“-tastes like the best ”take out” you ever had! Takes 12-15 minutes for any type. And I ain’t lying!! I’ve recommended it to several friends, the ones who got one all Rave abt it and buy them for friends and family(usually as Xmas gifts!)🥴
We had one sitting on a friends bar in his garage. It was great for tossing frozen pizzas on why catching a buzz. But I prefer a hot oven with a good stone over the pizzazz personally.
Speaking of frozen pizzas the best frozen pizza I've ever had is the motor city pizza co frozen pizza. It comes with its own pan to help get that cooked cheese crust. And I add extra mozzarella to it as well,letting plenty fall in-between the pan and crust.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
We make our own using Stonefire Pizza crusts. Takes 5 minutes to put one together...Not as good as Masseys, or Pizza cottage, etc.. but better then frozen
Speaking of stone fired,well wood fired but. We bought a couple wood fired pizzas from the zucchini festival in obetz a couple weeks ago. Fresh out of the oven they looked amazing! They was pumping out pizzas every few minutes on this big stone oven.
But by the time we took the pizza he and ate it there was absolutely no crunch at all. It tasted just like a little Caesars pizza. But more than twice the price. I think of we ate it there it would of been a tad bit better. But not much. They was pressing dough on the spot for the crust. It was to thick and in combination of it being in cardboard for 20 minutes it wasn't at all what I was expecting.

So I'm gonna have to find a good wood fired spot to try. I think of extremely thin crispy crust with some good crust bubbles and charred spots when I think wood fired pizzas....

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Which one did you go to?
Canal this time. Haha actually stopped by the new Hilliard one hoping the lunch buffet was up and it wasn't so decided to wait for dinner.

I think for me when most pizza places I like "miss" is when they are not busy. I like my pizza cut your gums crispy. And I feel like that is achieved when I have that longer wait time.
I also pick up my pizza 100% of the time anymore. I love supporting a delivery driver. I used to tip them very well. Even late orders. But I hate paying a delivery fee. And delivery fee plus tip is the price of another pizza. And I know some places only give a small amount of that to the driver using their own vehicle. Plus I can time it better and it's faster getting it myself.
Another pizza subject: Prices. I can feed my family pretty much any pizza I want for a lot cheaper than most any restaurant that's not fast food. Although it's still not cheap. I mean I get it,they have to charge what they have to charge to keep things going. But man. I've seen some old menus from really not that long ago and things have changed!!!
The best deal I have going for my family is 2 XL one toppings and a 2 liter for 30 bucks. That feeds a family of 4 that over eats when it comes to pizza,plus lunch for one or a breakfast snack for all the next day. And that's not counting chains like little Caesars and pizza hut.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
I remember the Tommy's on Hamilton too. Near Livingston. Actually the old sign is still out there. I had the upper Arlington location a few years ago it was great! I need to start fishing up that way more often again😉.

I've seen pizza cottage mentioned. I like them a lot too. Very salty though. But most pizza is. I like the pickerington location better than the buckeye lake location. But I've had some bad pizzas from the BL location before.
If your ever in grovecity and like pizza cottage try Tammy's on Broadway. Very similar taste in toppings with a different crust. It's become one of my favs for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts