Favorite Panfish Tackle

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by CrewCabMax, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Was just wondering what you guys are going after the gills and crappies with under the ice?? Just bare hook with wax worm or jig and wax or what? I usually go after then with minow in the spring just didnt know what works the best this time of year? I assume minows would be a pain trying to keep them from freezing up. Any tips would be great, as this is my first year on the ice! Thanks!

Joe

2. i am having a lot of luck with pin-mins white and chartreuse, both with spinners on them. i use both maggot and wax but maggot seems to work best.

3. peon

peon account delete

small glow jigs with wax worms!! doesnt really matter what jig as long as its small and glows!

4. devildog#1

devildog#1 hardcore fisherman

I use the smallest jigs I can find in white, chartruse, and orange. For bait I almost always use maggots but waxworms will also work. Its good to have at least two different kinds of bait. And when using either change your bait often. I usually put on fresh bait after each fish I catch or if I haven't got a bite in 15 min or so. YOu could be sitting there for a half hour with no hits put on fresh bait and boom!!!!! Hope this helps

5. I have good luck with a black pin-min w/ white diagonal stripes sofar this season.. tipped with a maggots or waxies

6. black/white ants or chart. ratfinkey....tip either with waxies or spikes...gills cant resist!!

7. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

plastics. White little plastics on a glow jig. Crappies go crazy. Keep an assortment ready, and mix it up