close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Lure for Trout

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RileyCreekFisherman, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Please post your favorite lure for trout. Thanks!

2. Definitely gotta go with the wooly bugger. Rainbows and steelies love em.

3. I love a small white rooster tail or chartruse power bait nuggets

4. BornWithGills

BornWithGills Alaskan Assassin

Are you talking wild trout or stocked, big difference. Wild trout, hairs ear nymph fly fished or spinning. Stocked trout, small white plastic grubtail fished below a bobber tipped with a waxworm.

5. Rapala Gold X-Rap for Steelhead in Rocky River for the Fall bite.

Kaz32

6. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

blue and silver lil cleo spoons for fall fishing, chartuese and black jig & maggot, minnow and slip bobber...shoot even night crawlers under a slip bobber. I was fishing down at 72nd street and caught trout last fall on all of the above

7. it's hard to beat a 2-3" chub below a bobber. I seine them out of the creek/ river I'm fishin in.

8. What size? I would imagine pretty small?

9. Fished a lot of trout when I lived in Washington and I would have to say gold triple teasers, jones flies with gold in-line spinners, and my secret honey lure. If I'm not trolling a jig, waxworm, & slip bobber.

10. I use joes' flies and rooster tails.

11. i would go with the small floating raplala it does the trick every time for me when fishing for stocked trout also the mepps #2
    for steelhead a big count down rapala works for me

12. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

My favorite bait has always been big minnows. Works for stockers and steelies.