close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Largemouth Location in NW ohio

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by trane, May 23, 2004.

1. Where are the best largemouth spots in NW ohio? I have been living here for a few years and have yet to find a good spot for throwing a spinnerbait, plastic worm, pop-r, etc.. I have done well catching smallies in the Maumee, but I would like to hook into some decent LMB (2+ lbs). One limitation for me is that I don't have a boat.

Today, I found a little pond along 75 that didn't look too bad. I caught one small bass.

I have caught a few bass in the Fostoria reservoirs. One was real nice.

trane

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

try delta reservoir ..the lower one is the one to try..start around the reeds on the SW of the reservoir and work your way north..also along the east side of the reservoir is great too..i saw several LM bass came outta there myself..i know a couple was at least 4lbs..and u dont need a boat..

3. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

All the upground reservoirs in nw ohio hold decent populations of largemouths, but the clear water makes them a little tricky, I do good with tubes and natural colored crankbaits. The reservoirs are your best bet if you don't have a boat or access to a pond.
    One of the bad things about fishing them is it's hard to walk the rip rap and if your fishing bottom, bring along plenty of tackle :rolleyes: One tip, fish the corners ;)
    Good Luck

4. Lake erie,sandusky bay!!!!

5. Where is this pond at along 75 and how do you get permission to fish it.

6. BuckeyeAngler17,

The pond I was referring to is not too far from Lake Van Buren. I can't disclose its exact location as it is already fairly popular. I have not gotten permission (not really advisable), but I have not had any problems. Always catch and release these kinds of places if you do fish them and pick up any trash. There is a reason that it is difficult to get access to ponds.

As far as lake erie is concerned...where can you fish from shore with some success. Keep in mind I don't want to drive more than about an hour each way.

Has anyone caught any bass in North Baltimore?

trane