close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Farm Pond Lures

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Fishing-Miller23, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

What is everyone's all-time favorite farm pond lures? Whether it is a soft-plastic or a hardbait. It can be anything. And what is the biggest fish you have caought on them?

2. BornToFish

BornToFish Smallmouth Rule

Plastic frog,or rat. Snagproof did make a "black" tadpole bait, but discontinued it. It was killer in sloppy situations.

3. Big Bass was a 11.5 lb on a basspro french fry. I have never caught another fish on a french fry.
    Favorite bait is 1/4 oz black jitter bug. Topwater is the best for low pressure ponds. High pressure ponds call for Rapulas in fire tiger or any color tube bait.

4. White or silver fleck Zoom fluke, weighted or not depending on the conditions as long as the water has 2 ft clarity or more. If it's darker, I am always reaching for a 6 inch purple worm. My largest was a 6.9 lb Lmouth.

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

tRICk/wAckY worms

Manns Ghost or goblin soft stick bait

The RAT by Manns

Medium to Large size floating Rapala's or AC. Shiner silver or gold with black.

1/8-3/8 oz. colorado bladed spinnerbaits
    1/8 buzz bait with plastic whizzer

biggest farm pond fish was from my Grandma's (RIP) in 91' 9-10oz bucketmouth

6. Riverman

Riverman Banned

If you just want to catch the big ones use a large jointed rapala.
    I've caught a few nice ones 5#+
    However if there are no big ones you go home :S

7. The classic, floating Rapala. Use to have a lot of fun running a buzz bait a foot or so out along stretches of cattails, if you have the right angles.

8. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

#5 shadrap in silver/black. 5lb bass and 2lb crappie, plus a few 3lb walleyes. All c&r. The guy never took me back to the pond because i showed him up. It was his boss's private pond. :D

9. Predator225

Predator225 Predator225

Berkley power craw on a weedless jighead. A pond i fish on occasion has alot of crawfish in it. Cast along the weedlines or rocks and WHAM! Biggest on it was 6lbs. But, like kmb says, jitterbugs....they bring back memories of catching my first few bass

10. PLASTIC LIZARD :D :D :D . I use 6 inch plastic lizard in watermellon seed Texas rigged with 1/32 to 1/16 ouce bullet weight for fishing along bank. Sometimes I'll use the 4 inch in same color with a BB split shot ahead on 4 pound test and light action rod. It is my go-to bait for largemouths.

Small, floating rapala in black/grey or blue/white also works for me.

Storm sub-wart in smallest size has worked for me in last month.

11. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Depending on time of year Black/Blue jig and pig or brown. Green pumkin tube 3/8oz worm weight pegged fishing what ever cover is in the pond and a white spinner bait.

12. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

My favorite is a 12 pack and dynamite! :D LOL
    I like going light (UL) if cover allows. 1)1/8 oz Rattle Trap chrome/blue or chrome/black. 2)1/8 oz custom homemade spinnerbait holo shad or bluegill
    If the cover is nasty, Kalins 5"grub in Junebug texas rigged or 1/4 - 3/8 custom homeade spinnerbait in holo shad or bluegill. If these don't get bit in the ponds I fish they ain't bitin!! :D I sometimes bust out a buzzbait or Pop-R if the surface is alive. Biggest was 6lb10oz on a live minnow.

13. Gomez

Gomez Just Hangin' Around

Without a doubt.....A black jitterbug. Start 1/2 hr before dark till just after. Then use a berkley 10" worm in any dark color, wieghtless on a 5/0 superline hook.........That's all you need.....Can't beat it!

g

14. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

I'm always amazed how well Sluggos produce on ponds where everyone else tries the usual topwater baits and carolina rigged worms with only varied success. Fishing a weightless 7" sluggo, I can usually pick several bass out of any pond within 15 minutes or so. (They just can't resist the wounded action of a sluggo.)

15. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Watermellon Zoom lizards with Chart. tail. I can catch bass everytime out with them. My biggest though came this year on a Berkley Gulf watermellon Minnow Head worm. 21inches and at least 5lb.