Favorite Erie Trib for Smallies

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by rweis, Jun 24, 2008.

1. I'll be up fishing the area the 1st of July and wanted some opinions. What would you consider the best of the Tribs for SM? Thanks in advance.

2. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I dont know if this qualifys but Little Beaver Creek and Mohican area does IMO.

3. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Well the erie tribs are not the closest things together...
    They are all pretty similar, which city are you going to be in?

4. I like Rocky River , but it could be because it's less than 5 minutes from me. It holds some nice SM. I gotta hike and wade away from the fords to really enjoy it.

5. LSoap - Rocky, Chagrin, Grand, Ash and Conneaut are the Rivers I've Steelheaded, so any of those. I believe I'll be closest to the Chagrin, but that's not my top priority. I'm just looking for general info, but if they all fish the same that's good info.

6. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Well they all are a decent drive a part.
    Rocky River is 99% public water. I live close and know the river pretty well. Not to much experience else where.
    PM me if you go to rocky I can hook you up on some spots.
    Bring top waters (buzzbaits spooks poppers), twister tails, rooster tails, cranks, jerk baits. You should be good to go. The top water bite is really good this time of year.

7. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

I would suggest vermilion river cause thats what I fish but I recommend against it cause I haven't been able to fish for weeks cause the rain has it blown out.