close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Computer Games

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Reel Lady, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I was just wondering what some of your favorite computer games were? I know that most of us here on this website already have the "Fishing" and "Hunting" types of games. I would like to know what OTHER types of games you have played and LOVED.
    Personally, I like the kind of games that make you think. Rob and I like to play these games together and brainstorm our way through them.
    Last year we played this older game called "Sanitarium". We totally loved this game because of its weirdness. It was great because the characters were all very quirky and odd. The puzzles were a nice combination of easy to pretty tough.
    We also played "The Black Mirror" which was just "okay" compared to Sanitarium. The voices were kinda hum drum and monotone. The puzzles were good though.
    I began playing "Phantasmagoria 1" a few years ago on Windows Pro 2000. I had major issues with running the program so gave up in chapter 5 of 7.
    I am now using Win XP Pro (which has the compatibility option to "run as Win 95") This game has been alot of fun. Although if you are squeemish, then definitely not for you. There are some pretty grotesque scenes, some nudity, and a, lets say, forceful sexual encounter that may be very disturbing to some. This is a large game with 7 CD's. Rob and I made it to the 7th CD of the game and wouldn't you know it.... the game suffered a major crash! Now we are unable to locate our saved game. Ok, well at least we are making progress... last time I only made it to chapter (disk) 5! Hopefully we can figure out how to get back into our game so we can find out what the heck happens in the end. This game has no puzzles involved, it's more about collecting things for your "inventory" and using them "how" and "when" appropriately to move on in the game.
    I think we are going to play "Phantasmagoria - Puzzle of Flesh" next.
    Rob and I also went through an "Unreal Tournament" phase. We definitely had alot of fun with that.
    I'm interested to know if anyone has ever played "Gabriel Knight" or "Silent Hill 2" or any other games that are challenging to the mind but dont have a bunch of "monsters" to kill to move on to different levels.
    Happy Gaming!
    Reel Lady (Marcia)

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Half Life 2 (just released a week ago) has got to be in the top 3 of my all time favorites. The game is a MUST HAVE if you're into first person shooters. If I had to list my favorites, it would be as follows:

1. Duke Nukem 3D
    2. Half Life 2
    3. Quake (the original)
    4. Far Cry
    5. Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights
    6. Diablo
    7. Trophy Bass 2
    8. Motocross Madness
    9. Unreal
    10. Sin

I pretty much only play FPS or RPG's, with an occasional racing game thrown in. Really looking forward to Vampire: Bloodlines once I finish HL2.

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

1.) Halflife 2
    2.) Farcry
    3.) Call of Duty
    4.) Diablo I & II
    5.) Ultima III (back in 1985)
    6.) Halflife
    7.) Neverwinter Nights
    8.) Replaying all my childhood arcade classics on MAME
    9.) Operation Joint Ops
    10.) Deus Ex

Yes I'm a FPS junkie.

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

the only type of game i can really get addicted to is strategy games.

1. Civilization II
    2. Panzer General II
    3. Age of Empires II

oldies but goodies. i love developing and commanding "imaginary" armies i guess!

5. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I am mostly in to racing games:
    Need for Speed Underground 1 & 2
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 1 & 2
    Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed
    Need for Speed High Stakes
    Need for Speed 1, 2, & 2 SE
    Midnight Challenge
    Driver 1 & 2
    Burnout

Non driving games:
    Unreal & Unreal Tourny
    Duke Nukem
    Half Life (getting HL2 soon:) )
    Trophy Hunter Series

Most addictive:
    The Simms!!!

6. I like racing , fishing, hunting and shooting (military style) games.

My list of favorites are:

Updated: Rallisport Challenge 2 for XBox... Great game.
    Ghost Recon
    Ghost Recon 2 for XBox
    Far Cry for PC
    Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive
    Joing Operations
    Need For Speed Underground
    Rallisport Challenge
    Chessmaster 10
    Trophy Bass 4
    Pro Bass Fishing 2003 (OGF members play that online a good bit together).
    Deer Hunter 2005: The Season

That's about it on my list of tops....

7. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

redneck rampage (pc)
    World of Outlaws (playstation 2)

no time to game, either fishing or prep for fishing..

sowbelly

8. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

How could I have forgotten Redneck Rampage. Esp. with the cuss pack "Get the F@$% off my land LOL!

9. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Rob and I have just started a new adventure game called " The Longest Journey" .
    Has anyone ever played it? Just curious.....
    Marcia

10. I have played Links which is a golf game and its really awesome now man you can even create/design your own course...
    I was ranked #2 for a very short while world wide using cases ladder in links98 and was in the top 20 at various times in links99 and links2k but even though I have links2003 I don't have the time to pursue a ranking but still play enough to love that game...
    If your a golfer you owe it to yourself to get Links 2003.
    I've downloaded, for free, many real courses such as:
    Augusta National
    Bethpage Black
    Colonial Country Club
    Muirfield Village Golf Club
    Pebble Beach
    You get the idea...
    Anyone want to play drop me a PM

11. Return to castle Wolfenstein multi-player you get to play against other people from around the world.I would rather play a game against people than a computer.

12. Cabellas Dangerous Hunts!

Nothin Like Taking A Mountain Lion Through A Scope At 150 Yards As He Attacks You Trophie Elk. If Not He Attacks You! :D :D

13. JIG, Sounds like a lot of fun! My wife and I played Deer Hunter 2005 The Season for a while on the computer. Maybe I'll have to look into Dangrous Hunts.... How are the graphics and how realistic is it? Can you play it online against others?

My favorite game for my XBox is Rallisport Challenge 2. Mercenaries which is new looks like fun though too. I have Ghost Recon 2 and its pretty neat.

Have you tried Pro Fishing Challenge? It's playable online and the most realistic fishng game I've played.

14. It Is Bill! By Far One Of The Best Ive Played But Im No Teen. :d
    U Can Hunt From Whitetail In Mexico To Kodeak In Canada. Not Bad. Im To Chicken #### To Get Past The Wolfs! :d
    Ive Only Had It For A Month So Im New To It. Fishin Sounds Like A Blast!
    Be Nice To Down Load Your Own Lake! :)