close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Compact Spinnerbait, Lets hear em'

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by lg_mouth, Jun 15, 2004.

1. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

I posted this over on OHfishing a while back and thought I would throw it around here too. My favorite lure is the spinnerbait, and I have found in recent Summers that when I can't get a bucketmouth to hit a full size spinnerbait, I can usually catch some on a compact one. I really like the look of a Tiny T going through the water, but I have bought very few that don't roll over on a fast retrieve. My go to compact spinnerbait is now a 3/8oz Strike King Rocket Shad. As their slogan goes, they do cast like a rock and you can reel them as fast as you want and they won't roll over, inexpensive too! I have caught some good lunkers on these in both white and perch, which are the only two colors they sell at Wal Mart.
    So, lets hear what other OGF bassers favorite compact spinnerbaits are.

lg_mouth
    Colossians 3:2-5

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

A 1/4 oz spinnerbait made by Tim Poe of ole' Can-Tucky boy lures, its a tandem spinnerbait that has two tone blades (gold/silver) and tangle-free skirt.

3. K'Lures. That's what I call the lures I build. It's a 1/4 oz size but 3/8 oz weight. I use white/chart double willow for clear water and black/chart with a pro wide willow for muddy water. The head is molded so most of the weight is under the skirt.

4. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I like one that I make myself. It has 2 magnum willow leaf blades (silver), size 3 and 4, white body and a white/ yellow tipped skirt.

5. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

Looks like I need to start looking into making my own baits or I should hit you guys up for some samples of your quality workmanship ;)

lg_mouth
    Phillipians 4:4

6. SOB's Mini-Me in TJ special. SOB makes QUALITY custom spinnerbaits. Since I tried them last year, I have sold all of my other spinnerbaits!

7. Rooster,

Do you custom order these, or are they sold locally? I have been using Poe's, but your post has me curious.

Thanks,

Mike

8. JBJ

JBJ

I use 1/4 ounce Micro-spins from B&D Custom Lures. The site is down right now or I would provide a link.