close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Christmas or Holiday song

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishintiger, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Now that there is only 24 days until Santa comes to visit I thought it was a good time to ask this question. What is your favorite one? I have to say mine is Silent Night.

My favorite version of this song is the one Garth Brooks does on his "Beyond The Seasons" album/cd/tape what ever you want to call it. In the middle of the song when it is just instruments playing he talks about the first Christmas he after he moved to Nashville. He talks about how him and his wife were traveling back to Oklahoma and all the roads were covered in ice and snow. Then the sun broke through and he knew he would be able to make it home and his wife asked him "You're gonna see your mama for Christmas aren't you?" Then he talks about how when he walked in amist the tear of joy and the cries of laughter he heard Silent night come on the kitchen radio and he says that he will never forget that Christmas or that Christmas song.

Everytime I listen to that song is sends chills down my back and makes me think about my Christmas memories from the past.

So what's your favorite one?

2. know this one. I remember it back when I was five (long time ago) and still have the 78 rpm record but no way to play it. "I Yust Go Nutz At Chreestmus", sung with a Norweigan accent :D . Tells about all the relatives and their secrets as well as the big family fight on New Years Eve :cool: . Other than that, White Christmas by Bing. :)

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I can tell what is NOT. "Felice Navidad" event haunts me in the off season.

Any of the Elvis songs are sweet though ;)

4. Your Felice copy is in the mail. :p :D :D

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

"Silent Night" by Bing Crosby....either that or "gramma got run over by a reindeer", its a toss up. ;)

jk, the first one.

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Merry Christmas From The Family~Mongomery Gentry

7. "Summertime" by Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince :D
    OK, if I must put up with the typical NE Ohio winter for the next 4 months then I might as well get in the holiday spirit...my favorite by far, "Let it Snow" by Boyz 2 Men.

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Man, that's a good question. I'll have to wait until later when more have been played. I kinda like that new one, I think it's called almost home where the homeless guy was sleeping and freezing & almost dead when he gets saved. But then he says how dad had the poles ready in the old pickup & mom was waving and I was almost home & why'd you have to wake me. Still tears me up just thinking about it.........

9. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

"Happy Christmas" by John Lennon and "Feed the World" by Band Aid. Both are original songs and wether you agree with the people who made them or not they deliver the true meaning of Christmas......

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I really don't have a favorite, but I know that by the time christmas is here I am sick of all of them! :rolleyes:

Summertime, Fishing Addict, that is funny as $*@%........I would bet that most of the guys on here have no clue what you are talking about. that is a good one! :p :D

11. Not to sound like a scrooge or anything but that is about the way I feel. Our phones at work have the radio station playing on them all the time. The station is normally a pop mix which gets old in itself but come December they go 24/7 with the Christmas tunes. :rolleyes: I can take some of it but not that much. I have to resort to silence in my office much of the time.

12. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Ted Nugent- Wango Tango :D

13. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch.....

You're a Nasty, Wasty, Sot!

:eek:

14. crankus_maximus

I remember the Summertime tune. It was very cutting edge when rap came out. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Right up there with Parents Just Don't Understand. Ha!

15. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

Oh Holy Night by Jewel , She really has a set of lungs.

16. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Ya know what Pat, you have a point there !!! :D

17. catking

catking Banned

" Do you hear what I hear" .................... THE CATKING !!!

18. crankus_maximus

What? I can't hear nothin'!

Ha-ha!

Jus' Kiddin'