close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Camping in NE and SE Ohio

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TritonBill, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Berlin

5.3%
  2. Mosquito

10.5%
  3. Tappan

10.5%
  4. Salt Fork

15.8%
  5. Mohican Valley

15.8%
  6. West Branch (if it ever opens)

5.3%
  7. Other (please specify)

36.8%
  1. If you could pick just one place in Ohio for camping and fishing, where it would it be and why?

2. I like Berlin and my kids really enjoyed the camping, all the playgrounds and playing in the water.

3. catking

catking Banned

I voted for Tappan. It has an excellent camp grounds, with cabins on the lake. Plus there are several lakes within an hour or less that are great fishing PLUS, Tappan is perhaps the #1 flathead lake in the state. Then again, all the MWSD Lakes are top flathead lakes. Tappan is also an excellent saugeye lake. CATKING

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

SE Ohio. Hocking Hills region, only downfall lots of ticks :(

5. Pymatuning State Park
    It has it all...

6. "J"

"J"

BARCAMP has a great camp ground and a good bass lake, it's electric only. Very long and narrow, about 40 minutes from the river and 30 minutes to Salt Fork, I've always camped there during Deer season and not alot of people there so don't know what it's like during normal camping season. Hope this helps.

7. Fish man you just cant get your mind off those ticks can you

8. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Not having small children or female campers, I have to go with AEP( Ohio Power) as my favorite. Having just what you need for a couple nights in a tent along with all of the fishing possibilities make this my choice.