close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fathersday fishing at paintcreek

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by monsterKAT11, Jun 20, 2004.

1. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

well today i went fishing at paint creek for the first time, went around the lake a little then found a real nice flat. we caught a few. i think the place has good potential and i will go back and try it again sometime

2. catking

catking Banned

This is indeed a very nice fishing lake. The more you get to know it, the more you will really like it. Looks nice, and it has great fish in it. Cats, bass, saugeye, crappie.............. THE CATKING !!!

3. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i liked the lake alot, we mainly fish for cat and we noticed there was a huge flat a little down lake from the boatramp by rattlesnake creek. we'll defenatly fish it alot more, and get to know it a little more, do you know if the cat hang out by the overflow spillway thing?

4. catking

catking Banned

Down by the camping area there is an island with a large flat of about 10' of water that holds flatheads. Also down by the Marina there is a large flat that has 10-20' of water that holds cats. Up in the Rattlesnake Creek arm of the lake, past the 753 bridge, fish the main channel at night ;) CATKING

5. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

up at the main channel theres a flat on the right side of the lake if your facing the boatramp by rattlesnake its about 2 foot deep and i had some luck there is that a good place? i had some good bites my dad caught one cat, and two carp we tried stinkbait but no luck do alot of big cats come out of that lake?

6. traphunter

traphunter Guest

do alot of big cats come out of that lake?

Yes they do. Unfortunatly thats exactly what they do, is come out. I guess people around here have never heard of catch and release. :mad: :mad: I was at the spillay yesterday and I seen around 100 nice big crappies caught and kept also. :rolleyes: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  7. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

yes i usually catch and release, unless i'm in iowa which is where i usually do all of my fishing, but now i'm trying to go fishing alot more in ohio and gladly i have alot of spots that apparently have alot of nice cat in them. but when i'm in iowa we go to rivers that are absolutely INFESTED with catfish. so it doesn't really matter if we keep them. but we cook them up in batter and boy does it taste good. :D

8. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Thats cool. ;) If people want to keep a few average size catfish to eat that night for dinner I think thats fine. But when people keep hundreds of fish that will just end up getting freezer burnt that makes me mad. :mad:

9. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

yeah, thats understandable but i hope i can get out to lakes and rivers alot more and land me some big cats.