close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Father's Day - Hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TAG24, Jun 18, 2007.

1. TAG24

TAG24 Member

It was a great Father's Day. C&R nearly 20 bass, most ever in one day for me. Also got this cat. Never seen one that color before. Anyone know what kind it is? There must have been a tournament goin on, by 8am there were boats everywhere. Didn't spoil my fun though.

Attached Files:

2. Nice bass. I was doing some bassin' on Saturday and caught what you did as well... a flathead catfish. Did you notice its underbite?

3. I caught one similar yesterday at Hoover.Just a little bit smaller than yours.I caught it on the open water on a bobber and worm in the high heat of the day.

4. does anyone know the results of the sunday tourny..how many fish?lbs? big bass?

oh yes....and exactly where and what baits all big bass were caught on......:)

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

it was a saugeye tourney,so they probably didn't weigh any bass in:D ;)
    i just hope the clowns who liked trolling over my lines saturday pulled a blank;)

6. you had some boats troll over your lines sat. wow, i thought that only went on at alum...smitty told me they were supposed to have a bass tourny sunday. haha, my buddy fished the bass tourny at alum on sunday and reallly had some funny stories, well they were funny to me, but not so to him fishin a tourny haha

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

no bass tourney that day.smitty must have confused you:D ;)

8. can I ask where about you caught those bass? Not your spots but section of lake...I've had no luck at all the last couple of weeks w/ bass or saugeye...any bait tips?

9. TAG24

TAG24 Member

timmyv - the last couple of weeks I've been all over the north and middle sections. Most success has been along rip-rap using fast moving baits. I'm sure it's part luck being in the right place at the right time. Everything I've caught has been in the 10-13" range. I'd rather catch a bunch of small keepers over 1 or 2 hogs any day. ... but that's just me, I like to fish fast.

10. Man...I've been fishing plastics slow w/ no luck. I'll have to break out the rattletrap or spinner baits. I with ya on the quantity of size. I've been more on the dam side and middle section. I'll have to maybe go further north. I've been launching out at big walnut. Maybe i'll try a ramp further north...thanks for the info! I'll be out thursday, maybe I'll see ya out there. I've still yet to meet anyone at OGF yet.

11. I've been jigging plastic worms(4") and craws(3") in rip rap areas and doing pretty good. Usually catch them very early in the morning or in the evening after 5.

12. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I must just be having bad luck. I went out saturday between 9am-1pm. I had something to do early am...couldn't get out earlier. It got hot quick and probably sent the fish deep. I'll just keep trying!

13. I usually don't catch many bass after 8:30 or so in the morning. I try to get there before the sun is up. And I didn't get any bites, other than those dang bluegills nipping at the lures, if I went larger than the 4" worms or the 3" craw. And I've been using 1/8 or 1/16 oz road runner jig heads on the worms and craws. Not sure if that's what's helping me get bites or not, but I had plenty of short bites before I switched to the road runner jig heads. Instead of biting the tails and running, the bass hit the head and got hooked.