Father's Day double at Alum

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by esoxhunter, Jun 15, 2008.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

7 hours trolling in the hot sun with all the crazies and pseudo-bassmasters at Alum today. There were quite a few musky boats out this morning, but they all vanished by noon when the big crowds hit. Shame too, cuz the fish turned on at 2PM. I managed two small skies in a 15 minute window. Nice getting fish back to back in a short time like that.
    The water had about 2.5' visibility, so I started the day with bright colors. No rips for my first 5 hours. Put on a natural blue-ish shad pattern and they fish responded immediately.
    tight lines everyone,
    Doug

2. Congrats! but where's the pics!? :)

3. esoxhunter

I was by myself on the boat so there really are no pics to speak of. I did however manage to shoot a short video of the smaller of the two skies. Check the Central Ohio section for the 'Alum 6/15' thread.
    I tried to shoot a vid of the 32 incher, but I screwed it up.

Also forgot to mention that this is the first time the '61 Lone Star has been slimed!

4. Hi Doug,
    I was at Alum about 4:30 and an enormous bite bite on for about hour and a half-got six in that time span. I couldn't keep up with the journaling-I was like 'screw journaling -I'm here to catch musky' . The next day-monday after Fathers Day-I got 5 in a window of hour and a half from 2:30-4:00. But, there's always a catch to a day like this, 9 of 11 fish caught were sub's-Lot of 28s and 29s. I did manage a 34 and a 39. I was praying for legals.
    Greg.

5. esoxhunter

11 fish ? You must be netting ;)