Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess it wasn't really father's day yet, but this big boy hit around 10:30-11:00 last night while trolling in front of the beach on a Glass Shad Rap #5. The fish inhaled the bait and had both trebble hooks in it's throat and needless to say the fish was bleeding like a stuck pig and ended up going in the livewell, unfortunately. :mad: Found a nice man at the launch who said he would take it and eat it.

Sorry about the quality of the photo.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
nice fish, sorry to hear bout the loss though, i guess things happen sometimes. you get any length measurement or weight on it?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
id be guessing it a lil bit bigger than that. wheres mike(fishingredhawk) hes a pretty good judge from pics. hard to tell from pics, though smallies can be pretty chunky

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Great fish! I can't wait to figure out those alum smallies! I plan to target smallies every time I'm out on alum until I figure then out!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I didn't measure the fish or weigh it, but I'd guess 19-20" and 4.5-5 lbs. I did lay it on the ground next to my size 13 and a couple other guys around me thought it would be in the 19-20 inch range. One guy swears it was 6 lbs, but I really find that hard to believe and thought probably 4.5-5 lbs. I would have bet a good amount of money that it was a musky when he hit.....put up a great fight.

Although, I don't target them, I've had good luck with smallies trolling for saugeye and musky around the rip-rap by the dam and lower west side of Alum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts