Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife rented a cabin down at Hocking Hills (near Old Man's cave I think) as a wedding gift to me. I'm heading down there w/ my dad and brother in mid-July. We will have to bank fish as we dont' have a boat.

Any suggestions on when and where to fish, what to fish with, and for what? It's our first time in SE Ohio

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Boat rentals at lake Logan, good for saugeye,large mouth bass,cats...can't help where???at least they use to???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up having a pretty successful trip w/ Dad and my brother at L. Logan. Rented a boat...trollilng motor was a little weak, but it got us around. Not bad for some rookies to the area w/out our own boat.

Thought the day was off to a great start...double on the first cast. I had on a chartruse 1/16oz jig/minnow combo and brother had on a Rattle Trap. I landed a good crappie...he landed a 3lbs cat. Rest of the day was all crappie though, but enough of 'em to make the "catching" as much fun as the "fishing."

All the locals I chatted with said that the cold front was making things tough...crappie was about the only thing hittting unless you were able to go after some cats late at night or some EARLY morning bassin'...neither of which were options for us.

Think we'll go back though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts