Fat Saugeye

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Tiny Tim, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Had my Dad out at Salt Fork on Wednesday.Found a lot of baitfish but not much else.He did get one:B that was only 25in.long but weighed in at 8lb. Never have seen a fish that fat!!!It had 2 big tubes of eggs in it along with a lot of fat!!! Tried to get him to put it on the wall,but he has other plans for it.

Attached Files:

2. Congratulations thats a really nice Saugeye.

3. When you only get one fish those are the ones you want. Thats a Dandy!! Great job.

4. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

Nice Fish! My wife and I are planning on hitting the dam area New Years Eve... Just got back on line, we just finished a move, so this is the first time on in awhile. Hope everyone has a great New Year!!!

5. Wow! what a porker. Did that one come from deep water (30+) like the ones you caught last week?

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

25 inches,8 pounds?that IS a porker.nice catch.

7. RippnLips

RippnLips Saugeye Slayer

Now thats a nice FAT saugeye. Nice catch.

8. Nice fish! A lot of the saugeye I have saw lately have been very fat.

9. Evidently everything puts on weight during the Holidays !! :D

I know I sure have !!

Nice fish !!

10. EE

EE

great fish, thanks for sharing!

11. That fish was in 30-32ft.of water right in a big school of shad.

12. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

WOW thats a PIG saugeye !!! CONGRATS !!

13. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

14. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

went out with the better half on sun. looking for an eye like that, caught 1 hammer handle and some crappie... water temp. 35-37 degrees, found small scattered schools of shad. fished vibes in the over 30 foot water- must not be holding my mouth right... saw 6-7 other boats near the dam, noone was doing anything. still, a day on the water! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!

15. Wow that is one fat saugeye for sure. I bet it put up a great fight.

16. 8racing3

8racing3 member