close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fat Cats Lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by osu4life, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Has anyone been to Fat Cats Lake? It's in south franklin county at the SR 62 exit off 71. I drive by there alot and the pond is jamming with people. I guess it's a pay lake.

Thanks for info,
    Steve

2. Robocat

Robocat Rob

I've seen it too from I-71 and everytime I've driven by (mostly on weekends) that place it's absolutely packed with vehicles. I don't know anything about the place but I'll bet you're right that it's a paylake.

3. I heard about that opening up. It is a paylake. I hear there catching some nice fish there. I don't fish paylakes so I havn't tried her out.

4. Paylake for sure and always packed!! Never fished it just drive by all the time.

5. jdog

jdog

Yes it's a pay lake and it's only packed mon-sat sunday nights and monday mornings are the best time to fish there.

6. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Check in with Flathunter or H20_Mellon...I hear they fish it every Fri/Sat/Sun religously...:D :D :D

7. jdog

jdog

ok i'll do that

8. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

Yep sure is a paylake. I've been fishing it every weds now. It's a nice lake people have been catching a lot of fish. Last time I went I caught a 15 pound flathead. If you get a chance check it out, lol and becareful pulling into the entrace, and have fun driving though the field lol it's fun.

9. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Sorry jdog, it was an inside joke, im afriad they won't be able to help you out much..lol

10. jdog

jdog

it use to be a good lake but now it sucks.

11. Im trying to picture where this place would be??? its at the Rt.62 exit from 71???

12. anyone know the exact location?

im not a big fan of pay lakes either....im just curious on where it would be.

13. i drive by it every day. Rte 62 & 3 exit, head east. About 100 yds on north side of road before intersection at stahl rd is a dirt road through a hay field after a white farm house. Take it I guess and it takes you there. that's where vehicles are always coming and going. I know no other details about it.

14. jdog

jdog

Dans does suck now

15. I think I heard about this place. Sounds to me like a farmer who decided to make a little money while lettin his pond get raped.

16. I have seen that same lake while on my way to Deer Creek. Fishing at a pay lake is not my cup of tea. I throughly enjoy the "mystery" of fishing. I do like to fish spillways which some anglers might not consider sporting. To each his own. If that pay lake had some big saugeye in it, just maybe I would break down and pay. Maybe.