close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fast Willie Parker!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Rooster, Sep 14, 2005.

1. How many people out there in Steeler’s Country (OGF) are excited about the new starting RB?

I’ve been pimpin him since the Buffalo game last year. His speed with the Steelers O-line run blocking will be DEADLY! Watching him run last Sunday was one of the most enjoyable games that I have seen in many years!

Let the legend continue: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_369212.html

2. He impressed me. I knew he was fast around the corners but never knew he could run inside that well. Lets see what he does against a better team than the Titans. Sure gives the run game a new dimension.

3. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

Willie is definately going to contribute to the team. With da Bus and Deuce beat up he is a lifesaver.The real test will be whether or not he can stay healthy. I would have loved to watch the game but out of 5 diff. CBS channels the only game I could get was the "slaughter of Ohio ":( ! The disapointing thing was that channel 10 out of Columbus usually carries Pitt. Hopefully they will from now on!

4. Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson Logan's Dad

As a Steeler fan, my honest opinion is....not formed yet. Parker has torched two vanilla defenses, but has not faced a true test yet. I know for sure that he doesn't suck, I just don't know if he is as good as the Bills and Titans have made him look. His speed is not in question, but I do wonder if he can break that many tackles against a run stuffing defense. Can he run between the tackles in February? I hope to find out. We already had the best one-two running back combination, now if that can be three...ya gotta love it!

BTW, nice tag line davey.

5. Paul,
    The Buffalo defense he torched at the end of last season was FAR from vanilla. I think he was the only runner to breach the 100 yd mark against that defense. They were one of the top in the league.

P.S.
    I am not a Pukesburgh :)D) fan, but I have Willie on my Fantasy Team and I benched Edgerrin James in favor of him last week. I too have had my eye on him since last season. He IS the real deal, and hopefully he can stay healthy,

6. Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson Logan's Dad

In the game last year, the bills were constantly dropping 6 and 7 guys into coverage, so in my opinion....that's vanilla. (at least against the run) As for fantasy teams...I don't do that game, but if I did, I would also have Parker in the lineup for this Sunday. Pukesburgh...yup...in my college days it was. I don't consume alcohol anymore though.

7. I was wondering about picking him up for my fantasy team. Whats going to happen after Bus and Duece gets back?

8. Fantasy update:

The starting job is Willie’s to loose.

Bettis will be the goal line back once he is healthy. He has stated that he does not want to be the feature back. He will steal some easy TD’s from the starter.

When Staley gets 100% healthy, he will steal some carries. As long as Parker keeps lighting it up, he will remain the starter. Staley is not a great fantasy player (even when he starts) because Bettis steals the easy TD’s and Staley does not have the speed to break many big ones. However, Willie has the speed, and can score from anywhere on the field. As long as he is getting 20 carries a game, he will be on my roster.

If you can get Parker, play him this week. I picked him in the 14th round, and everyone laughed. I started him over S.Jackson last week, and everyone laughed. He got me 26 points last week (highest for any RB). I laughed at everyone!

9. Sounds good, I have Lamont Jordan Oak, Barlow San Fran and Johnson Kan City now, with Barlow on the bench, sounds like I need to drop Barlow, bench Jordan and pick up Willie.

10. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

bench johnson, holmes will see all the goal line carries plus the bulk of the load. Larry got lucky in my oppinion, took advantage of what playing time he got.

11. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

You must be one good pimp Rooster because Willie had a real good game. Do you wear one of those funny hats?