Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Farm raised channel cats

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by traphunter, Jun 17, 2004.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Does anyone know any good paylakes around here that stock FARM RAISED channel cats? I would like to take a few home and put them in my pond. THANKS
  2. catking

catking Banned

There is a nice one over in Bethel that stocks these. Starlings Lake. CATKING

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Moore aker stocks them.
  4. catfishhunter001

catfishhunter001 The Natural

MOORE ACRE PAYLAKE/JUST STOCKED 2500LBS.2 nice clean lakes and 1 kid pond. $10.00 for 12hrs . usualy when they stock the lakes it sturs up all the other fish and you cant help but catch a huge mess of 4-10lb'ers on just about any kind of bait. its located at st rt 35 and 71 beside the fuilmart in jeffersonville.lots of big shovelhead being caught lately. but the channel cats are all farm raised....they also have there own resterant,baitstore and restrooms around the lakes. lots of room to fish. {save me some fish to catch.}catfishhunter001
  5. you can buy 100 6" cats for around $60...they grow quick
  6. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Thanks for the info guys.

Hey bigjohn, thats a good idea, but I got fish in my pond that would eat those!

How often do they stock More acre?
  7. catfishhunter001

catfishhunter001 The Natural

they stock about every 2 weeks with farm raised.they stoped puting big rivercats in last year they said they get more people out there wanting fish to eat than people fishing for money but trust me there are plenty of monster cats in there they catch more now than they did when they were stocking it theres been a couple the last 2 years over 70lbs 1was 80+ it was a blue cat caught in december on skippjack.they also have a weekly jackpot.and on weekends they have raffels and give away rods and reels and shirts its a pretty nice place.FOR A PAYLAKE. i still prefer rivers and creeks. well goodluck if you go and save some fish for everyone else. later dood. CATFISHHUNTER001 :)
  8. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Thanks again. :) I really dont care about fishing for big cats in paylakes either. I just want some channels to stock my pond. IM glad to hear they stopped stocking the big river cats.
  9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Theres a place down near Cinci that stocks lot of farm raised ones. If you catch a fish over 15 lbs it has to go back in the water and they pay you 50 cents a pound to release it. From the pictures I saw there is a lot of large flatheads in there. Think about that, if you catch enough weight you could easily pay for your fee. Which is like 10 or 12 dollars... can't remember never fished there just been there.
  10. Triangle is another great pay lake. I'm not sure if they stock with farm raised, but they stock a whole slew of cats just about every week. Last time I was there it was $9 for the 12 hours.

Let me know if you want directions.
  11. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Hey, I know where triangle is. :) I wish all paylakes just stocked farm raised.