close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Farm Pond

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brideout, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I am going to be fishing a farm pond on thurs evening and friday this week when I am up in knox county visiting the future in-laws. I was wondering what the best lures/bait would be to use? I fished it with my fiance's nephew a few weeks ago with nightcrawlers and caught a few nice bluegills. The couple that lives at the house said that there were some guys from down the road that pulled a 19" largemouth out of there but they weren't sure what they were throwing. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.

Rideout

2. Crankbait, buzzbait, spinnerbait, plastic worm, jig, frog...who knows? We've never fished the pond. It depends on the conditions...water depth, clarity, weeds/no weeds, forage available. Look around...find out what the fish a likely eating...try and replicate that as well as possible.

When in doubt a weedless/weighless 4" plastic worm is hard to beat in a pond.

3. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Uh-oh. You might want to be careful.

4. Looks like that's a catch-22 shwookie, LOL.

Farm ponds- Good ole floating rapalas unless it's mossed up.

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

buzzbaits and palstics worms r great. tell them 2 not let ppl take fish outta that pond it will ruin the pop.