Farm Pond today

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saugeyeslayer, Jun 21, 2007.

1. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

going to go hit up one of my favorite farm ponds in pickaway co. where i average probably 25+ bass each time i go. with the select few going over 3lbs
    a majority of the fish are 10-15 inch range. I have caught them on a texas-rigged blade of grass before. LOL these fish are very plentiful and very hungry. I have also caught a very very large Bluegill on a 7inch pumpkinseed power worm texas rigged. this should be very vry fun! I will post my results later.:D

2. saugeyeslayer

caught A LOT of bass. nothing much over 14" though, sadly. between 3 of us we probably caught 100 or more. nothing much to say other than that pond has overpopulation issues with bass. did manage about 6 nice 8"+ gills.

3. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

I know many are catch and release but it sounds as if the pond you're speaking of needs to have some harvesting done. If you're catching high numbers of bass that are roughly the same size then its time to have a fish fry.

4. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

thats the great thing about farm ponds................EASY FISH !! but man they are FUN to catch arent they !!! WAY TO GO !!! :D

5. I agree! Myself and the other half would be more than happy to come help catch them. :) There is a place that we fish that has the same situation with large mouth. They are all between 10-15 inch range, we just can't seem to find their parents. Glad you had a good time!

6. saugeyeslayer

we did keep 4 bass and 4 gills. just ate 'em. they were GREAT. i agree with the fish fry idea, just need me 4 or so good people to help fillet, and we can have ourselves a mess of em. now its just convincing the owner to allow 5 or so people to come help cull.;)