Ohio Game Fishing banner

Far Western Basin Perch reports?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  PARK92 
#1 ·
Haven't been able to find them since early June.
First three times out were great. Lately has been lousy.
Heading out of Meinke's tomorrow, suggestions?
Gravel bed, intake, turnaround, west sister??

#5 ·
Couldn't find any in big numbers until about 7:30pm.
Once the wind picked up, we caught 40 from 7:30 to 9.
A bonus walleye made it extra sweet. I talked to a guy @ b&d bait who took over 100 early.
Lots of boats late afternoon, I didn't see too many pulling fish though.

#7 ·
Tried that area with limited success late start and the lake calmed down next to nothing in the late after noon. Waves started rolling again but was getting late and had to leave. Couldn't hail ya on the radio Walleye Runner my friends radio doesnt display channels. Always something....lol.....Special thanks to the guys trolling that hit my buddies boat with there planer board caught his line stripped the line off his reel and darn near cut his finger off by doing so. Didn't even have the decency to say sorry. You fellas take the cake, and I hope ya choke on it.

#8 ·
Lots of boats this AM. We took our three kids drifting for walleye.
My 4 year old caught his first walleye, a nice 21.5." We had a hard time keeping the white perch from stealing our crawlers. Took 5 walleye, left @ noon. All caught in the pack of boats north of the intake.

Attachments

#9 ·
fished north of the intake yesterday and caught 2...count em (two) perch in about 2 hours. there were a bunch of boats out there and we were on the south side of the pack. seen a couple walleye guys hit the nets. anyone that was in that area did you do any good? the lake was flat on the way back in.

#10 · (Edited)
Ouch 2 perch in 2 hours! Did you try moving at all and were you marking fish? Also what time of day was it? Last weekend was hot from 9-12 for us. I also heard of guys doing really good from 5-8. I move after 30-45 mins or so if we can't get anything going. Plan on being out Fri,Sat,and Sun this weekend and will post results.

#11 ·
we got out there about 1330 and didnt move. it was more of a relax trip and a boat ride. most of the time we dont go that far and stay around turtle island and the lighthouse and do pretty well. we were kinda just exploring new territory. our electronics werent working either so fishing was pretty blind. given the time of day and no electronics no one was expecting too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.