close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fantasy Football 2004/2005

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KSUFLASH, Jul 6, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I just had a revelation!!!! Anyone interested in getting some OGF'ers together and start our own fantasy football league for this season? Figured it would build some comradary and such.

flash--------------------------out

2. Heck yes! If you get it set up, I'd field a team.

Great idea Ben.

3. KSUFLASH

I will start working on it.

flash-------------------------------out

4. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I'm in for sure! I have been a run a league every year since 97. It would be nice just to field a team this year.

Let me know if you need some help or ideas.

Tee

5. I'd need help understanding how to do things but "HELL YEA"

6. I'm in. I can't do much worse than I did in Fantasy Fishing :) .

Steve

7. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Count me in! It's been a long time since I had a team, would be nice to have a reason to watch football again, Will we have the draft in person? Does Larry Zonka still play? :)

8. KSUFLASH

i am looking into the details, and working out a plan. I will keep you guys posted on whats happening. It should be a great time!!

flash--------------------------------out

edit: OJ is my first pick......

9. i'll do it. yahoo???

10. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

sure why not. Sounds fun.

Bill

11. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

yahoo is open for free fantasy football, we could create a custom OGF league

12. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

oops, I think ya mean OGF. :D

Bill

13. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

lol thanks Bill, I knew what I wanted to type I just had the letters mixed up a little

14. Count me in too!!

dday

15. great idea KSU. Count me in as well. I am a fantasy sports fanatic and am always looking for another league!

16. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

My top three favorite things:
    1. Fishing
    2. Talking about fishing
    3. FOOTBALL!!

Count me in.

17. I have never participated in a fantasy football league but would like to give it a shot. When you post the league wil there be instructions? I understand the basics, but fuzzy on the particulars.
    Huntinbull

18. KSUFLASH

Ok guys, I have been looking into a few things for the Fantasy Football league. I looked at Yahoo, and I have looked at a few others. I am really being drawn to a paticular software package. I looks like we got enough interest to start our own league. For those of you whom have played in this before, please speak up and let me know what features you did like, and others that you really didn't use. Some of the software packages I have looked at are free and others cost money to purchase the package software. In my opinion, the ones that I have seen so far that are free are less interesting to me than some of the others that are a 1 time fee based. Now, what I was thinking was this. I don't mind paying for the entire league that we setup, but was wanting to find out what you guys thought about it. It looks like if we run with a package that is fee based, that the earlier we decide to do it, then the cheaper the cost. Right now the paticular one I am looking at is like $84 for the entire league, up to 32 players (aka teams) can be in it. On the other hand Yahoo of which has a free option is only 20 players, and has less things in the package. So the first thing we need to decide is free or fee. For those that have never been in a Fantasy leauge before, I will post plenty of instructions on how to do this. If any of you are browsing around the web and come across a package to use, please email me it ASAP. Below is the one I have been seriously looking into.

www.fanstar.com

flash-----------------------------------out

19. 32 players? :eek: I have never seen a league with more than 14 teams. The optimal number is 12. Be careful because you have to think about roster depth. What type of software are you thinking about? I've been in quite a few leagues over the years and CBS Sportsline is far and away the best I've seen. Player news and stats galore, plus it is web based and easy to navigate.