close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Falls Outdoor Sports

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by Huntinbull, May 20, 2004.

1. I have a great bait n tackle shop here in the Cuyahoga Falls area. Falls Outdoor Sports, run by the Biblers (Jim and Chris, father and son). They and their staff are very knowledgable. Selection is good, and they are a Bass pro dealer, so anything from bass pro can be ordered. Great selection of live bait too. These guys have really done a good job for me in the past and i only see them getting better.
    Huntinbull :D

2. They also run a taxidermy shop. Good guys and a great shop, that's for sure.

Carl

3. Overall,i Would Say Its The Best Shop In The Akron Area.

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

By far the best shop I know of period. Where can you go and get minnows, and when you look inside your bucket, the minnow water is crystal clear, thats because they filled your bucket up with fresh water from the tap and not the minnow tank itself. Now that is some customer service.

flash--------------------------------------out

5. I can't find their phone number anywhere. I'm looking for a good taxidermist for my walleye.

6. KSUFLASH

You can call 330-929-9977

Ask for either Chris Bibler or John Bloch
    They are the taxidermy guys there.

flash----------------------------out

7. Ducknut

Ducknut Duck Enemy #1

I am having a steelhead done there. It is not done, but their work is outstanding, and their prices are unbelievable....8 bucks an inch for warm water species...9 for cold....

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I have a buddy that had a large crappie done there and swears he will never go back. He said it looks more like a bass than a crappie and it is yellow.

I have been in the shop, and it is a real nice shop for its size. As far as the best in the Akron area I would have to disagree and say Kames is the best in the Akron area. One thing I think that is interesting is they are Bass Pro related and sell Bass Pro stuff, but the prices are higher than Bass Pro. The great thing is they have told me they will match the catalog prices on anything I want and I can order through them and not pay any shipping.

9. Ducknut

Ducknut Duck Enemy #1

I would have to say that Kames is in the CANTON area.....

10. Yeah, it is in Stark County, but still sort of close to Akron.

I also like to take the drive to Ashland and hit Fin/Feather/Fur too. They've got it all, that's for sure.

Carl

11. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I agree. Anyone that looked at the fish mounts on their walls would have to be out of their mind to leave a trophy fish with them for mounting.

I do, however, like the shop, and I've dropped a considerable amount of dough there since they opened the new shop. The old owner of "the shack" down the street was about the most arrogant jerk I have ever met, and these new owner are a welcomed change, and the business is an asset to the Falls. Once they master the fine art of taxidermy (and they have a long, long, way to go), it will only get better.

On another note, dumping minnows into "fresh tapwater" is about the worst thing you can due to keep the minnows alive. The temp change, along with the chlorine in tapwater is a sure way to kill them.

12. Well, if there's a problem with a mount, I'm sure all you have to do is let them know about it. Jim, Chris, John, and Josh will try to make it right, I'm sure. It is a great shop for tackle and archery supplies.

BTW, the water that comes out of the spicket they put in bait buckets is from the bait tank. It's connected to the tank water supply.

Just an FYI, the Bibler's bought Bryer's Bait/Tackle out near Berlin Lake recently. Stop in and say hello.

Carl

13. KSUFLASH

Thanks for the water info Big D. All I know is I like the customer service at that place. They are more than willing to spend a few moments and chat with you and answer questions. On the subject of taxidermy, considering I do it for myself now. Some of the mounts that you see in the store are mounts that that taxidermist attempted a new technique for the first time, or tried a set of different color patters other than the normal. If you visited the Falls Outdoor Sports Show earlier in the year, you should have noticed an excellent Moose Head mount done by the FOS taxidermist. I guess in short, it is all in the eyes of the beholder.

flash------------------------------------------out

14. They do treat the customers right there, that's for sure.

Carl

15. Ben, I should have given you my walleye then :)