close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Falling thruogh the ice

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by back lash, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    Eyegagger, LipRipper79 and bubbster like this.
  2. Pikedaddy

Pikedaddy just catch 'em'

Thats a great video.

3. ...This is a video well worth watching...If it saved one ice fisherman's life it was worth it...C.L...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. It sure is worth watching. Great info. Thanks for posting. Mods, please sticky it.

5. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Great info. Thanks for posting this.

6. Good Video. Think everybody who goes on the ice should watch it. Thanks 4 posting.

7. Snook

Snook Eat-Fish-Hunt

Great video! I would suggest for everyone to get a float suit/hypothermia suit if your going to be on the ice.

8. Great video absolutely. Take it from someone who actually went in some years ago, me:( . Elbows up on the ice and kick then roll sideways until your a safe distance from the spot then run like hell for land. Hard lesson learned but a good one. And a totally new repect for the hard water with some perspective on what to do. Everyone needs to see this. Have fun but by all means be safe and be on the defensive about what could happen.
    Remember NO ICE IS SAFE.

Longspur

LipRipper79 likes this.
  9. Good video. I think everyone should take a peak at this before travelling out on that thin ice.

Becareful guys....that ice is unsafe.

Hope to see you all in the spring time for some great fishing :D

-Sarah

10. Offshore Limits

Offshore Limits charter captain and guide

Nice video. I was unfortunate or unlikely when I was 16 years old(27 years ago) to go completely thru while towing a heavy sled of gear behind me. Someone had cut a hole about 2 ft. by 3 ft. in the ice and overnight it had froze over and dusted with snow. I went through it in the dark and had real trouble finding the hole again from underneath the ice. punching up I finally found it....finally pulled out , left gear and got to the car to warm up...luckilly that was the last time going through

11. Portage Lakes, Old State Park: ONE ICER FELL THROUGH THE ICE ON TUESDAY, 12/21. IT WAS HIS OWN FAULT B/C HE WAS FISHING ON ICE LESS THAN 1 1/2"... TOWARDS THE FLAG POLE. LUCKILY, HIS HAND SPIKES AIDED HIM IN GETTING OUT AND NOT HAVING AN EARLY TRAGEDY.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  12. This is one great video that everyone who goes on ice should watch...thanks!

13. Saw this video last week before going to Erie to fish with my buds, makes you think.Everyone should see this if they are going on the ice.

14. slowjo

slowjo

I hope that everyone watches this.

15. That was very informative! Thanks.

Jeff

16. FishingJunkie92

FishingJunkie92 Just 1 More Cast!!!!

This video is great, i feel safe of my confidence of getting out if i were to fall through that i now know what to do. NOTE: EVERYONE ONE SHOULD HAVE A SET OF PICKS

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  17. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Everyone should carry ice spikes to help pull themselves out. Chances are you won't fall through a hole as big as the one in the video so you may not be able to kick your feet as easily as he did so the spikes could make all the difference in the world.

18. fishingjunkie

fishingjunkie Lady Angler

Great video. It's a comfort to be armed with such information if the worst case scenario happens. Thank you!

19. I hope that dosnt ever happen to me