Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Just watched a show last night. Nicks Wild ride. He was fall turkey dogging in Ohio. Never seen that type of hunting before. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Fall dogging for turkey in N.Y. State was pretty popular at one time….don’t hear about it much anymore…a lot of training goes into those setters….watched a video on it and it was very impressive dog work.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Fall dogging for turkey in N.Y. State was pretty popular at one time….don’t hear about it much anymore…a lot of training goes into those setters….watched a video on it and it was very impressive dog work.
It was all about watching the dogs work for me.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Pretty nice blind there Bob, I bet it has all the amenities . Man it's been hot trying to hunt. I have been quitting by 9:30 each morning I go. I usually hold off for a gobbler, but my bum knee has really compromised my hunting. So I may just bite the bullet and take a young jake or older hen. I have passed on several already and only saw two gobblers way off. Looks like just an average hatch this year from the number of poults I am seeing. Out of maybe 50-60 birds I have seen maybe 20 poults.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Cooling temps have arrived for you SS. Good luck hunting. I have not been out yet. I was just happy to finally see some hens that had poults. I counted 18 hens. First poults I’ve seen all year. The cat just stares at them. She’s getting old and lazy. Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts