Ohio Game Fishing banner
101 - 120 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Tried Alum from the bank tonight. Did get a nice LM (~16") right at sunset from about 2 FOW. No Saugeye, but that's nothing new for me. Dead calm night. Bite probably turned on right after I left 😕

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Tried Alum from the bank tonight. Did get a nice LM (~16") right at sunset from about 2 FOW. No Saugeye, but that's nothing new for me. Dead calm night. Bite probably turned on right after I left 😕
Codger, are you talkin bout tonight Wednesday 11/2? If so your quitting before there is a night bit. It’s 7:12 at the moment and showing you posted 20 minutes ago. Not saying it’s gonna happen tonight but that’s not the night bite buddy.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Codger, are you talkin bout tonight Wednesday 11/2? If so your quitting before there is a night bit. It’s 7:12 at the moment and showing you posted 20 minutes ago. Not saying it’s gonna happen tonight but that’s not the night bite buddy.
Sorry codger now it’s saying 20 hours ago so assuming you fished last night. Not sure why it said 20m when I looked at your post but I do have crappy cell signal at the moment.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah, it was Tues. night. I had planned to fish til around midnight, but my back was bothering me by 9PM, so I called it a night. I felt I had a decent spot, other than the lack of wind, current, or any signs of baitfish :D

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Fishing from the bank on the lake or below the dam?
What kind of gear are people using for Saugeye?
reed this all info is there

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was fishing the lake, not the spillway. They're not letting much water out right now and from what I gather, the spillway bite sucks unless they're letting more out. I don't know this to be true or not as I've not tried it. As for baits, I can only tell you what I was using which was various stickbaits and crankbaits of various colors, with and without rattles, at various retrieves. Clear as mud? Oh, I didn't use any soft plastics this time out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
B runner, A spin casting reel and a six foot rod will be fine 6 or 8 lb test will work, casting lures or quarter ounce or eighth ounce jigs with different colors of twisters or swimbaits will work just fine.Goid luck too.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
reed this all info is there
100% true. Honestly, there is more pertinent info in this thread than you will find in any book, Mag or TV show. Posts from so many successful fisherman about the waters we fish. Doesn’t get any better.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Went to two different central Ohio lakes tonight and did okay. Caught a total of 3 saugeye. Two of them were caught on a clown 3.25" big joshy and 1 was caught on a slush 2.75" big joshy. Both swimbaits were paired with a 1/8 oz jighead. All the fish were caught behind the point instead of in front of it. Biggest was 18", smallest was 16"

Food Seafood Fish Ray-finned fish Fish products

101 - 120 of 165 Posts