Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
fish breath
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit some docks yesterday evening and started throwing a chartruese rooster tail that ended IP with one LM bass that probably went two lbs. Switched over to a gulp 1" minnow about two feet under a Bob and got some real nice gills and a few crappies. It was non stop until about twenty mins after dark. Was fishing about 3-4 fow near docks. Windy as hell.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Saturday tried a pond between Delta & Wauson. Finally tried the Gulp minnows hoping for crappies. No luck there but I hit about 15 gills, 12 of which were keepers. Ate all of them Monday in 2 meals. Yummy.

·
fish breath
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit it again tonight with similar results. Got there at seven and started catching fish instantly. Between two guys we caught 49 bluegills and six crappies. All on the gulp minnows. They were hammering them. Not much sorting would've been done but we released all the fish that were caught.

·
fish breath
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still getting ones on the smaller size. Biggest one was caught by my bud that was right at ten inches. In the spring we were getting them from the same spot and the biggest one I caught was just a hair short of 14". I don't think the water is cool enough yet. I'm not an expert crappie fisherman by any means but from what I've heard it needs to be a tad cooler.

·
Registered
151 Posts
How are u rigging the gulp minnows? Small jig under a slip float? Seems like you have had some pretty good days with that stuff, I'm a big fan of all gulp/power bait products.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
fish breath
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I either use a small hook or a teardrop jig under a bobber. Most times I'm only fishing about two feet down so I do t use a slip bobber just a regular spring bobber. Works fine for me and easier to adjust when I want to go up or down six inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts