close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fall Lake Erie OGF Perch Trip

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lundy, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I'm trying to get an idea of how many of you might be interested in a fall perch trip, let's say late September, on a headboat out of Port Clinton.

As an OGF group we could reserve a headboat, Sassy Sal, and receive reduced rates. The normal weekend rate per person is $30. The boat will hold up to 49 people. If we had 49 people the per person rate would be around $21 per person. If we had 40, the per person cost would be around $24 per person.

It would be a great opportunity for you to experience the fantastic fall perch fishing on Erie, at a very reasonable cost, with fellow OGF members, many of which are very experienced Erie fisherman to assist you during the trip.

We would need to book the boat soon. The weekend dates in September are going fast due to the great fishing at that time of year. We would need for you to reserve your spot via PayPal or a check in advance. If the weather forced a cancellation of the trip your money would be refunded.

If you've always wanted to fish Erie, this is your chance to have a lot of fun, and catch some of the best tasting fish that swim in Ohio waters. This would be a very family friendly trip, kids of all ages would love it. You WILL catch fish. I always refer to the fall perch trips as catching trips, not fishing trips

So how many would be interested? If there seems to be enough interest I'll start making the plans and post all of the details so we can get this started.

thanks,
    Kim

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

if the date falls on the last 2 weekends of september, i can not go..

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

would love to go but already have charter scheduled for sept 25th and 26

4. This could be something you may want to take up with the team here and have them make a post and maybe add to the news letter...
    I'd be interested and take my kids too!!!

5. i'll have 2 check r work shifts //// if good count me an the mrs in :)
    mrtwister_jbo

6. Depending on the weekend I would be interested in taking my daughter and nephew. I have a hunters ed class two weekends in Sept.
    Huntinbull

7. Count me in if I do not have to wrok that weekend,

8. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Based upon the response that we get, so far, so good, we will post a formal thread with all of the information sometime next week to get this going.

It will probably have to be September 26th. We might even be able to tie this trip in with another OGF function that weekend. Stayed tuned for more information.

Kim

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

This has been taken up with "the team", and Lundy has busted his hump organizing this ;) As much as I would like to spill the beans early, all I can say is this headboat is a part of something MUCH MUCH bigger that we and WBSA are putting on that weekend :D We will make the formal announcement this week, but wanted to give everyone a headstart trying to fill this boat at a discounted rate. Stay Tuned! :D

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Likewise......the last 2 weekends for me are out. :) Carp challenge at Edgewater park by CAG, and the Chicago Carp Classic.

11. awwww RATS can't go now either!!!
    Bad choice of weekends :eek:

12. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Out for me too. It's the dates of the last Cripple C reek Cat Tourney of 2004. Already set in stone. I could cry..........................

13. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Hey gang, if you have ever wanted to fish Lake Erie but don't have the means.....then this idea is for you!
    I probably don't need to tell you how delicious Lake Erie perch are, and how sweet it would be to have some in your freezer!
    We are looking at trying to fill a headboat to the point that we can reserve it for our group's sole use and maybe get a better cost for everyone too! Is this a great idea or what?!
    We need to have your responses as soon as you can let us know. But as Shake hinted,.....mark off your calendar for that Saturday, and Sunday( Sept.25& 26) and reserve them for ................!!

I am sorry to hear that some of you won't be able to make it.:rolleyes: That is unfortunate.

14. i would definately be interested in this depending on the rate and such. email is pwrmaster7@yahoo.com if need to get a hold of me!!

tom

15. I might even bring some other family (OGF Members) along!!!! Good idea... Thanks!!! Stan

16. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

bump......... :D

17. I'm in for 5 fisherpeople....or would that be 4 fisherpeople and me????? ;)

Just don't be too distracted by the HOT Babe fishin' next to me. :) :) :)

18. count me and my bro in!

19. the boss and i will go

20. If it does not get in the way of the other thing going on that weekend ;) I will go. Make that four please.;)