close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fall Lake Erie Ogf Perch Trip- Details

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

--HEAD BOAT TRIP -- Sunday, September 26th.
    Courtesy of Fisherman's Wharf
    www.wecatchfish.com

ITEMS TO BRING
    **-fishing license**
    - earplugs-(the run out and back is somewhat noisy)
    -wide brim hat
    -sunglasses, sunscreen,/ lotion
    -raingear, cold/ warm clothes(dress for conditions)
    -motion sickness medicine(Dramamine,Bonine, natural ginger root starting 24 hrs. prior, wrist bands, etc.)
    **- NO MINNOW, OR PERCH BUCKETS ARE NEEDED FOR ON THE BOAT !! ALL THE MINNOWS YOU WILL NEED WILL BE SUPPLIED FOR FREE !! The boat also carries tons of free ice for your catch.
    -food, snacks, drink(8am.- 3pm.on the water)
    -bottle of water
    -cooler to put fish in
    -fishing rods and tackle: consider different set-ups in advance and be already rigged. Suggested tackle includes: #6, or #8 hooks; 6#, or 8# test fishing line; ultra light to medium action rods; blade colors can include gold, yellow, chartreuse, and pink; weights range: 3/8- 1 oz.; jig heads-1/32- 1/4, spreader rigs, crappie rigs. Bring spare tackle.
    A couple of tips offered by "truck" :
    - perch feed as a school and when they "turn on", it can be a frenzy of action- keep fishing if they haven't started yet
    - if you aren't catching fish, but others are, watch them, and feel free to ask questions
    **Tackle suggestions courtesy of fellow member, truck and his wife. They go out on a number of head boat trips every year, and will be going on ours as well.

There will be experienced perch fishermen aboard who are very willing to help you out. They've already made themselves available.

DIRECTIONS
    - to be annouced shortly(still working on the boat choice- based upon sign up estimates, and boat costs)

TIME TO BE THERE
    - you need to get there early to buy your minnows and anything else you may want. There will be a bunch of people there doing the same thing which takes time. 7:30 am should be good. Don't plan on getting there at the last minute!

TIME OF DEPARTURE- RETURN
    -boat leaves at 8:00 am. & returns at 3:00pm.

PAYMENT
    Price is $25 per person
    -in order to book the charter, we need everyone to prepay. This will let us know if we need one boat or two, and what size boat we need. Please do so as soon as you can. Time is short.

On this page there will shortly be a link to PayPal. If you need to write a check,make it out to: "Ohiogamefishing" , and mail it to:
    Ohiogamefishing
    4856 Sawmill Rd. #347
    Columbus, OH 43235

**-if you send a check, please make a note on your check and envelope - Attn. Perch Trip(keeps it separate from merchandise funds)
    -(please post here to let us know if you mailed a check)

- OCCASIONALLY CHECK BACK TO THIS PAGE FOR UPDATED DETAILS -

Fisherman's Wharf www.wecatchfish.com

Attached Files:

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

**** There is now a cut-off date for payment. You must have your payment in before August 1, 2004. Additionally folks, because the head boats are booking fast, we have available one head boat reserved just for us. The capacity is 28 people maximum. So the first 28 people paid for will be included. After that we will look at having a waiting list for cancellations.
    All of this is first come, first served; so don't hesitate. As soon as the link is available on this page get your payment made.
    Thank-you all for your support of this idea.

- Jim

-more trip details on the page above tomorrow, got to run to work.

3. catking

catking Banned

Back to the top. Price for this fantastic ride??? CATKING

4. no price listed... ---> ?

5. found it DUH!!! at the botttom under Payment. $25.00 a person

...or was it just edited lol???

Bub

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I edited it to show the price.
    Rumi must be away at work!..Lucky him! :D

7. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

bubba,

The price was there all along, believe me, trust me, I wouldn't lie to you, the checks in the mail :D

I hope you can make it. It will be a good trip. Fisherman's Wharf is bringing a boat to Huron for us. The perch fishing (size) is much better at Huron than further west at that time of the year.

Reserve your spot quickly, space is limited.

Kim

8. i will get a check in the mail tomorrow morning. this is one trip that i looking forward to.it`s been a long time since i`ve been on a perch jerk. thanks to everyone that has worked to put this together. it`s nice to be apart of such a great site and to talk to so many great folks.

thanks ,
    Bub

PS. do i make the check out to OGF or fishermans warf?

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I was over a half hour late getting out of the house for work just getting everything done I could for this Details page. Guess you know what that means.... well, I clocked in with 20 seconds to spare; and only because I didn't go past any cops as I went thru Belden Village! I hate rushing like that, but....I needed to get this stuff done so the link could be made.

Thanks Teammates for pitching in.;) I just couldn't get it all done before work.

Bub- thanks for bringing up an important detail. I amended the info. above under: PAYMENT .

10. I have one more question... due to back surgery cleaning 30 perch is almost impossible... is there fish cleaning offered or close by?
    THANKS in advance

11. i didnt see when????
    thanks
    fish4wall

12. AvidAngler

AvidAngler "Shut Up and Fish"

Have you set a date for this trip. I didn't see it mentioned but perhaps I missed it. It wouldn't be the first time.

13. Sunday,Sept.26th.

the last time i was up there (last year) they did have a cleaning station.

Bub

14. Is the paypal link going to be up soon?Daryl