close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fall Hoga Tactics

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Brooklyn, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Still relatively new to river fishing. Have been wading the Hoga often this past summer with decent success. No real big smallie yet, but I've lost a few. I use crankbaits and spinners mostly. Can you veteran river rats out there tell me if I should be changing tactics at all now as the water starts to cool off? I'm assuming smallie and pike action should get even better. Thanks!

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

pike like big shiners under bobbers in the fall. i never noticed a real differance for smallies though.

flash--------------------------out

3. As the fall comes on, you might be interested in the steelhead trout potential in all the rivers around Lake Erie. The steelhead forum here might help you out.

Best of luck.

4. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

The next 4-6 weeks on the hoga' always seem to be the best time of the year for me.I get better numbers and sizes during these next 6 or so weeks from the hoga'. They are fatter/feistier fish. The pike and smallies seem to be getting chubby eating lots of shad/suckers/creek chubs getting ready for the cold months. Best river fishing of the year, and then its on to steelies!

5. Where is a good place in the area to get shiners at?