close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fall Flathead Bite is still ON @ GMR

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ol' Whiskers, Nov 3, 2004.

1. I described MY final outing of 2004 in the post "Last Flathead!" last weekend. My son Kevin, however, has taken up another ambulatory fishing partner, and hit "the hole" on the GMR tonight. He just came in with these pics, of a double, taken just at sunset, C&R. First is our friend, Chris, with a 10-lber, and then Kevin with a 23-lber:

I can't get the photopost popup to display the pics, but you can see them on the Photo Gallery.

By the way, Chris has not been fishing in ten years. By the story told, coordinating the lipping of a double in the dark, on slick rocks, no net (still has a hole) should have been on funniest home video. This place barely has room for 2 people to stand, let alone manuever and land two fish simultaneously.

This is how I get to enjoy fishing until spring. Recovery from surgery is going well, and doc says I'm better than expected after one week. I'll have PT for about 5 months, and on crutches about 3 to 4 months. If I can tomorrow, I'm going to post the boat in the OGF Marketplace. I can't physically handle launching and trailering, or the pounding wake from some of Cincinnati's most inconsiderate boaters.

Hope to see some of you on the water soon.

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey Ol' Whiskers !- Glad to hear you are recovering the best you can ;) Sounds like your son has the cat fever bad. Here's to seeing you next season on the water ;) .........THE CATKING !!!

3. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Nice Flatheads...

I think I need to schedule a trip with you all next year. ;) :D

4. Here are the pics that wouldn't load last night...

Attached Files:

5. Very nice! One of these days I'm going to try for one of those beasts with a fly rod!

Joe C.

6. catking

catking Banned

Flatties on the Fly :eek: ............. THE CATKING !!!

7. Cornmuse, give me a shout, I got the place if you got the time to try to get one on a big deep streamer, I also am after one on the long rod. Its a 2 hr drive from Day-Cinci but as sure a bet as there is for a nice one in the 3-15 lb range.

Salmonid
    PS Bring the clousers, shad patterns, sink tip and the crayfish.... ;)

8. Okay, I'm in. 37" of channel cat once broke my 8wt rod into smaller chunks. What can 30lbs of flathead do to a fly rod? Let's find out! I'll drive anywhere to give it a shot - I've driven 165 miles EACH WAY for killer bluegill fishing - I guess a couple hours for a shot at a flathead is a relative bargain!

I'll PM you.

Joe C.

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Very good job my man, I do believe you have this flathead fishing down .