close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fall bronze

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by chet, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chet

chet

Done

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:50 PM
  2. He mad he cant catchem like you;)

9Left and chet like this.

3. Your right I don't catch mine to throw in the freezer. I release them to become trophies or to let someone else have the opportunity of catching and releasing them.

4. Thats great. You continue doing that. And some of us will continue keeping a few for the freezer.....
    Trust me,your precious unicorns will still be there.....

9Left and chet like this.
  5. chet

chet

done

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:50 PM
    Saugeyefisher and 9Left like this.
  6. ldrjay

ldrjay Jay

cornflakes crumbs. no hate here. I love them all. some go back some come home as with all species I fish for.

Saugeyefisher, 9Left and chet like this.
  7. 9Left

9Left

i tried to hit the " like" button 20 more times on this post... lol

ldrjay, Saugeyefisher and chet like this.
  8. 9Left

9Left

IMG_5524.PNG
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#1) maybe you should try harder to actually catch the species that you're after .

#2) when you do you catch a trophy size of another species… Maybe you should take your own advice and release it

Saugeyefisher likes this.
  9. I did release it. It was bleeding but wasn't hooked deep.

10. LaBro

LaBro

Where did you catch it?

11. I caught it out in the middle of the woods, can't you tell lol along with numerous 3-5 lb. Largemouth which were also released.

Smallie1515 likes this.
  12. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

It's December in Ohio. Be right back with my tub of popcorn to watch the show:p

chet likes this.
  13. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

I see nothing wrong with taking home a few bass for the fryer. the odnr has set bag limits for a reason. always has to be that one guy that tries to save a fishery one bass at a time. personally i think smallies are delicious every bit as good as walleye.

ldrjay likes this.
  14. I would agree with you. My argument would be why keep fish that are close to trophy size when you already have a limit of Perch?

15. ldrjay

ldrjay Jay

freeze the perch for later eat the bass for a treat. what if he would have mounted them? then you could argue that it was taken from the system. mounting them wastes the meat. your really not going to change anyone's mind about eating bass. you should be complaing more about the fish birds eating your beloved bass they don't care what size or bag limits.

16. I wouldn't have a trophy fish mounted .I would have a replica made. Your right I won't change the mind of meat fishermen so just catch keep and freeze all the fish you legally catch. If everyone does that we won't have to worry about catching trophy fish any more.

17. chet

chet

done

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:51 PM
    Saugeyefisher likes this.
  18. ldrjay

ldrjay Jay

he must not have followed the fall brawl..... nope no trophies there cause fish dont grow and reproduce. they aren't regulated....... I wonder if the pedestal comes with the bass or is it an option?

chet and Saugeyefisher like this.
  19. ldrjay

ldrjay Jay

so Mr Robert you don't keep any fish because they could be a trophy is what your saying? hey I guess more power to ya. some of us catch and release as well as catch and cook. you should try eating fish it's actually very tasty.

chet likes this.
  20. chet

chet

Edit

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017 at 6:52 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.