Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where and When can i sign up for the fall Brawl ? I want to get in on it this year. I have missed out on to many good fishing trips with friends from not being in. So this year i am jumping in

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Erie Outfitters website has the info. Hope you have better luck than I did with the brawl. Seen open seats during the brawl for a couple years but they wanted someone signed up for it so I finally signed up for 2 years in a row. During those 2 years not an open seat to be found.

Reactions: williamonica0214

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
Did they straighten out those DQ's last year? I missed the resolution.

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
Same question I had.
So I went to their site and they have the top 3 finalized but 4 and 5 don't say final. Did they pay them or not? Or did someone else come in 4th and 5th?
Finalized Overall Standings( updated 12.13.19 @ 6:00 PM)
(Payout Top 5)

1.) James L. Atkinson Jr.--FINAL
2.) David A. Troyer---FINAL
3.) Michael Brady--FINAL
4.) Dante Hernandez
5.) Greg Wierzba

31.50"
30.75"
29.75"
30.50"
29.75"

·
Walleyez Hunter
2,891 Posts
I heard they paid but I heard later that the 5th place guy didn’t have a valid fishing license. Not sure if that’s true. My buddy would have been next in line. I agree that they should have made an announcement on it. If true

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Erie Outfitters website has the info. Hope you have better luck than I did with the brawl. Seen open seats during the brawl for a couple years but they wanted someone signed up for it so I finally signed up for 2 years in a row. During those 2 years not an open seat to be found.
where do you typically fish out of? feel free to PM me during the brawl. i'm most often out of Avon.

·
AKA Rubber Duck on the water
113 Posts
What do you guys plan to do if multiple people on your boat and some one pulls a money fish... do yoj plan to split somehow or do you just say person that really takes it all?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
What do you guys plan to do if multiple people on your boat and some one pulls a money fish... do yoj plan to split somehow or do you just say person that really takes it all?
Be the right thing to do is split the earnings, be selfish to say its my fish if on with other anglers.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'd expect that the group should decide that before they pull away from the launch/dock. To me it depends on how your fishing. If casting, then each man claims his own fish and takes the check if he catches a winner. If trolling then you better assign rods and make sure it's clear with the captain. IN most cases the captain of a trolling boat is responsible for the fish catching,so I'd say I would be willing to give the captain a cut at least. Most important is it's decided before you go. To me it sounds like a great way to ruin a friendship.

How do you charter captains handle it?

·
Multi Species Angler
6,218 Posts
My uncle and I have talked about this. Our preliminary plan if fishing from a boat together is this; if it is caught trolling then the money is split but if it is caught casting then the individual gets the prize.

To add, I agree with Southernsaug 100% in that how you do it should be decided prior to leaving the dock!!

·
AKA Rubber Duck on the water
113 Posts
Thats what James did too... i like it and it is even. It was obviously four guys total I assume.

Yes win it first.... good luck to you all, I know i have a lot of vacation i did not use due to covid so I will be out there everyday weather permits once they start feasting.

When I won we sold the boat and cut the check evenly four ways, I was captain it’s just the best way to do it for me at least everyone else has different thoughts on it but best idea is to win it first and then go from there

1 - 20 of 30 Posts