close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fall Bassin?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by moe1078, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Anyone been out bass fishing? just curious as to what patterns to use this time of year. I would like to get out a few more times and hopefully catch that big largemouth that has been eluding me all season.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Most everything I've read and people that I have talked to have said Colorado blades have been working as well as jig and pig. Also thry the drop off as these bass will be starting to gather for the cold weather. Slow down this time of the year also. Good luck and keep us posted.

3. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

I'm still working med running cranks for largemouth, fish the rip rap after the sun has warmed the rocks, and like Dale said retrieve it a little slower, try stop and go.
    Anything you want still goes for the smallies out in lake Erie, The smallies are still where they were late summer/early fall and you might even want to check out the shallows for them. with water temps in the mid 50's they're eatin! The fronts are messing them up a little.
    Check my report at ohfishing.com in the nw section, I bass fished the first 3 days of this week. Good Luck