close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fake worms

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mmmcarl, Aug 16, 2007.

1. i have just recently started fishing again and i am trying to catch bass
    when i was younger all i ever tried to catch was blue gills and catsso i dont have a lot of bass experience. now i am on the hunt for bass. i bought a couple "Bass Stopper" fake worms which are pre rigged with three hooks down the worm and anise scented. i have had good luck with this and probably have caught more bass since i have used it then ever before. my question is should i stick with this fake worm or try texas riggging fake worms? will i hit more fish?
    Thanks in advance

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

TEXAS RIG!!! No questions asked. Thats all i throw mainly. I always have it rigged it up. Its weedless and best of all it catches fish. Use a 1/32nd weight bullet sinker.

Good luck.

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

depends how u like to fish-bass stopper-slow-proly more fish_____Texas rigged-faster-proly a lil less fish but not as boring ;). Both are great all around baits for bass though.

4. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I would go get yourself some 2/0 to 3/0 Gamakatsu worm hooks, then get some senko type 4" to 6" worms ( very important, don't just get whatever is cheapest) I like YUM dingers 4" in dark colors, favorite is anything black. Texas rig them with NO WEIGHT!!!! Again, important, these worms work best when they slowly fall, not sink right to the bottom. Throw it out to some cover, wait a few seconds, twitch, wait, repeat. If that isn't doing it, wacky rig it, I prefer this over Texas rig myself. Smallmouths and Bucket mouths will most likely nail it on the fall, watch the line, if it gets really slack, or tight, cross the fishes eyes if your Texas rigging, wacky you can back off some, not alot. Good luck, let me know if this helps.
    Mike

5. Dont get hooked on topwater. Once youve bass fished topwater theres no going back. All else is sooooo boring.

6. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I HATE it when my fishing partner ties on a top water. I tend to watch the darn thing and see if something nails it, and if I'm close it normally makes me jump, like yakking with shwookie, I'm minding my own business and splash, a top water lands close by, he does it to keep me moving, to steer me away from cover he wants to hit before me,lol, then I forget what I'm doing and watch him. I'm going to lock his tackle box closed next time out, he knows why,lol.
    Mike
    PS- think we can get the ladies to let us out this week even though I already promised I'd stay home?

7. The Bass Stopper and another like it called "The Worm" both work very well in ponds, but i haven't had much luck with them on larger bodies of water. Try texas rigging some other types of worms and tubes. Expand your arsenal!!!

8. Try wacky rigging a 5" Senko. It's idiot proof and will catch almost any kind of fish almost anywhere.