Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out of Fairport/Grand River this evening if the weather holds. Any reports on the walleye out there? I have not done any trolling in over a decade so any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Was planning on trying some Bandits off boards and keeping them in the top 15 feet of the water column but am definitely open to suggestions.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Heading out of Fairport/Grand River this evening if the weather holds. Any reports on the walleye out there? I have not done any trolling in over a decade so any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Was planning on trying some Bandits off boards and keeping them in the top 15 feet of the water column but am definitely open to suggestions.
That’s exactly what we did this past weekend. Good quantity and quality of fish Sat and Sun. 40’- 46’ DOW.

·
Retired
400 Posts
Did horrible today out of Fairport. Only 3 walleye after fishing 6 hours. Trolled from 30 FOW out to 66 FOW. Caught one in 66 FOW and the other two in 44 FOW. Light colored worm harnesses seemed to be the hot ticket (meaning that's what we caught the 3 on). I was using the 115 outboard for trolling and when I tried to rev the engine to come in and got very little acceleration and the smell of gas. Not sure why. Throttled down in hope that it would clear itself and after about 5 minutes it cleared and I got my power back. Not sure why that happened. And this is the first time out this year after it was serviced for the spring. I guess I'll use the 9.9 kicker tomorrow. But, that never happened before.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Did horrible today out of Fairport. Only 3 walleye after fishing 6 hours. Trolled from 30 FOW out to 66 FOW. Caught one in 66 FOW and the other two in 44 FOW. Light colored worm harnesses seemed to be the hot ticket (meaning that's what we caught the 3 on). I was using the 115 outboard for trolling and when I tried to rev the engine to come in and got very little acceleration and the smell of gas. Not sure why. Throttled down in hope that it would clear itself and after about 5 minutes it cleared and I got my power back. Not sure why that happened. And this is the first time out this year after it was serviced for the spring. I guess I'll use the 9.9 kicker tomorrow. But, that never happened before.
How far down were you targeting the walleye? You may have been underneath them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Went out after work and fished 57 to 60 fow off the Rayon. Trolled spoons off 30 jets 85 to 100 back and Dipsy’s on a 1 setting at 61’ and 3 setting at 85’. Speed was right around 2.0. Caught 13 and missed a few more. Marks were much better than I saw last week. The fish are here.

·
Registered
239 Posts
They are here.. just have to change it up when you get a stall in action.. early morning yesterday bandits 50-70... 9:30 10/70 with 2 0z.. dipsey one 55 early... dipsey one 70 later on with big spoons... make sure bandits have blue in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Took my nephew out yesterday. Marked a lot of fish in 44-51 fow, couldn’t get onto a steady bite. Lost two near the boat, bigger fish. I got an 8 and my nephew got his personal best, a 9.06. Rapala digital scale, for what it’s worth. Moved in to 36-38 fow at the end of the night And the screen was lit up with marks. All in all, fun. 4 fish total, an 8 a 9, a 5 and an 18 incher. Man that last one looked awfully small!

Fishing Fish Bass Recreation Recreational fishing Recreation Recreational fishing Fishing Fish Jigging

·
Retired
400 Posts
Also while out yesterday the Coast Guard had a boat out checking a perimeter and a chopper was overhead. There was nothing on the news. While trolling we noticed what appeared to be the bow of a boat sticking up about 3 feet out of the water. Late last night I pulled out my phone and saw that a man and his boy are missing from Wednesday night. We were out there early Thursday, so I suspect that was the boat. North of Fairport Harbor I think in about 60 FOW.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Body of a man found near fairport, unfortunately one still missing. This hits really close to home for me and it’s truly a tragedy.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Picked up one ticket today all in 62’ but slow. Well She did anyway. Spoons. Monkey puke with copper back and blueberry muffin with chartreuse back.
That blueberry muffin with chartreuse back has been king so far. Kinda strange because double orange crush has dominated for the last 3 years. Caught very few this year on the orange crush?

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
That blueberry muffin with chartreuse back has been king so far. Kinda strange because double orange crush has dominated for the last 3 years. Caught very few this year on the orange crush?
Harbor bait has quite a few of the standard size. I didn’t see any in the scorpion size.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Picked up 2 tickets today 57-60 fow north of Headlands. Could not buy a fish on a spoon; caught everything on harnesses. No color pattern. We were targeting fish 25-40 ft down. It was a slow pick, nothing fast & furious.

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,641 Posts
Try in tight at 30-40ft with 3 oz bottom bouncers and harness. You won’t mark many fish but i assure you that they are there. I fished the trough this morning before work and got six in less than an hr with one rod, boats going past me and jet skis flying around. Gold Colorado blade with red beads. 4” Berkley gulp minnow trailer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts