Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out 3 times in the last week. Caught a lot of fish, no walleye....trolling stingers(all colors) on dipseys, anywhere from 70-150 back at @1.6-2.2 MPH. 55-70 FOW.....where are the fish? I have a Thursday trip planned with family in from out of town and would love for them to experience what catching a real walleye is. GPS coordinates, colors, depths, speeds, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

·
FFL/SOT
424 Posts
Most everyone I've heard from have been catching their eye's on meat! You might want to give that a try...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
This!
We went out of Conny on Friday and the only thing that caught eye's was meat. We tried a bunch of different spoons and crank baits and got nothing but white bass on them.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
To quote CarpetBagger "meat = worm harness". And purple has been a hot color this year. So has pink pantsy. For pink pantsy, check out Erie Outfitters website and check out their harnesses. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
I usually run big dipsy's, in-line weights, true-trips and/or wire. But I would troll either a spoon or meat the same way, which ever is catching the fish that day...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. now that I have the what to use answered and how to use it......any hints as to where to find em? I hear out 65-75 FOW.....but are they still suspended hi or did they drop back down yet? and should I look east or west of Fairport?

·
Registered
23 Posts
We went out Sunday morning 14 miles Northeast out of the harbor off Perry. Started in 70-72', then moved to 74'. Both spots were the same result. Small pods of fish (not big schools) and you could get a few fish here and there. We used only spoons on jet divers and dipsy divers. Nascar stinger spoon worked best.

Went out again Tuesday evening due north of harbor in 68-70'. This time, we brought meat. Much bigger schools of fish all near the bottom in 60+. We fished big dispys and jumbo jet divers way back (150+) with combination of spoons and meat at 1.7-2.2. The harnesses caught nothing, despite what I have been reading. Maybe we were using the wrong color combo. Spoons were moderately successful, with nascar again being best. Lots of big white bass, too. Got one fat perch after another on blueberry muffin stinger spoon.

We will try again this weekend. First One's Out on Ch. 68. Let us know if you have any luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spent a good portion of the day in 68-72 FOW NE out of fairport.......caught 1 trout and several large perch. Not a single walleye....I tried meat, spoons, various colors of each....nothing. The out of towners that were with me had fun either way as we went back to the hump and caught our share of perch. If anyone gets a system that produces some fish or knows a steady location, please share as the gas costs are killing me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dispeys ranged from 40-55 feet down at 1.6-2.2 MPH. I ran 2 off the sides on a 3 setting with 110 line out. ran 2 back on 1 setting with 80 feet out. was on a heading NE. ran a stinger and a harness on each one, rotating to try and find fish. Hope this helps. Let me know how you do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.