Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hit the lake at 6am and had marks like crazy NW of the harbor 39ft of water...Decided to head towards the N a bit more caught some junk fish ,then took a nice walleye on a dipsey 78 back 3 setting single blade,lost a few and managed a few more for the boat on reef runners 85 back.......The Northeatern cool winds really displaced the fish up there.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reefrunners-confusion,cranberry crush,fruit loops,bare naked Barbie.........N ran 2 shallow ones on dipseys after the harness 's went with nuthing.....good luck n post if ya get them....

·
Registered
357 Posts
went to fairport put in at 7:30 and headed nw to 38 fow. good marks but could not get anything to hit. fished inside dirty water on edge and clear water out to 56fow,not one. got one sheephead.fished to 12:30 and left. odnr was at the ramp and said before the blowup people were catching them in as shallow as 28fow. stayed with inlines with harnesses and stingers.guess I should of tried reefs.oh well gonna try again Friday. p.s. at least the lake was calm

·
drifer43
72 Posts
I fished Wed.,July 3rd also. Same area, nw of lighthouse, 38 fow. Lots of marks, went 2 for 3. Harnesses, 3oz., 55 back off in inline boards. Hot pink blade. I blamed it on dirty water and no wind. Maybe when that water clears up they will turn on.

·
Registered
237 Posts
just outside of the perch pack up on the shelf there was a quick drop from 39 to 52 ft. of water. we caught all of our fish just on top of the break or on the way up. trolling south up the break got the most pull backs. lost some board sinkers before we could clear the outside boards around the inside ones. it took a minute to figure it out but we think the snubbers were screwing us of good hooksets. "note to self" only use snubbers on dipseys...lol! we also lost a couple at back of boat. as always was fun fishing with you ramfan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts